New to post-2 weeks post surgery (baby mentioned) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New to post-2 weeks post surgery (baby mentioned) New to post-2 weeks post surgery (baby mentioned)

Unread 09-22-2008, 08:23 AM
New to post-2 weeks post surgery (baby mentioned)

Hi everyone, so glad I found this site. What a terrible time I have been through. I am so blessed, I had a baby 7 weeks ago, pretty perfect pregnancy, 2 weeks after delivery started bleeding, had DNC, it seemed to "fix" the problem, till one week later, started really bleeding, went back to dr. during exam, gushing blood, had to call EMT to take me to hospital, did special procedure where they had to block up utern artery to stop the bleeding, had to have 2 units of blood, was in hospital 2 nights, then 2 weeks after that had hysterectomy 4 days after my 30th birthday. Now it will be 2 weeks post surgery tomorrow, but I am still so scared. I have been through so much this past 7 weeks so much unexpected scares that I can't seem to relax. I am getting weird headaches all the sudden and I don't know if it is from stress or if it is something I should be concerned about. But the positive side, my daughter is beautiful and healthy and doing wonderful. It is hard for me not to pick her up and hold her, but I know I have to heal and get heathy so I can be a good healthy mommy for her.

I am glad I found this site and I can be apart of it.
I wish everyone the best.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-22-2008, 08:36 AM

Wow! Hugs!!!!!
I'm glad you are focusing on the positive and being a champ! I would wonder if possibly the medication could be causing your headaches, or a withdrawal from it.
Headaches are nothing to mess around with.
Take care and keep us posted!
Crissi
Unread 09-22-2008, 08:48 AM

Wow, congratulations on your little baby! I had a headache for about 4 after surgery..I think it was the pain meds I was one. I stopped taking them (and took an Excedrin Migraine) and it went away and have been doing well ever since. Take a deep breath, try to relax and enjoy that little baby girl!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-22-2008, 08:52 AM

Emma - welcome to the family! Bless your heart, you have certainly been through a lot of trauma in such a short time. I can see why you would be having headaches. But when any thing out of the ordinary comes up it is always a good idea to check with your doctor just to be safe. Congratulaions on that new baby. I know it has got to be really hard not to be able to care for her like you want to but you have the right attitude about healing. My daughter came to care for me for a couple of weeks after my surgery and brought her 18mth old daughter with her. I don't get to see them very often because they live about 500 miles away. So it was hard for me, too, not to be able to play with my granddaughter like I wanted. But I would put a pillow on my lap and have someone else pick her up and put her there. That way I could hold her at least. I just had to watch that she didn't wiggle around too much and kick. She was very good, though and we had no problem. It may be more difficult if you had abdominal surgery, but hopefully there is something you can put between you and her so that you can hold her at least for a little while. Maybe you can put her on a pillow beside you in the bed so that you can put your arms around her that way.
Rest as much as you can. When you feel scared, just come on here and ask for help. You now have a lot of sisters who are pulling for you. Some have been where you are and know just how you feel. Others will offer hugs and prayers. You will get through this.
Have a blessed day. I am praying for God's peace to surround you.
Unread 09-22-2008, 10:06 AM

Thank you girls!

I have been off my pain meds for a week now. I stopped taking them when I could handle the pain. I am not a big pill taker so I didn't want to keep taking them unless I REALLY needed it, so my new headaches couldn't be from that. However my Dr. office did call me to check on me this morning and I did report the headaches, he thinks it is just stress from everything I have been though at this point, but told me if it worsen or changes to report back to him.

My biggest problem is I am bored. You know doing activites are limited during pregnancy especially towards the end and then this past 7 weeks not being able to do anything and now I still have 6 more weeks of recovery, I am just getiing stir crazy. Not use to being "sick" and down. But I know I have to and hopefully it will go by fast and posivite.

Thank you for the kind words!
Unread 09-22-2008, 10:40 AM

All I can say about the boredom is that it will pass. I felt like I was going crazy at one point and then I started to feel better enough to move around and before I knew it I was driving again. I'm still taking it easy at 20 days post op but it is much more tolerable now. Hang in there and enjoy relaxing with your new baby beside you and savor this bonding time. This will be your last bit of down time for years to come

Ibuprofen often works for me when I have those type of headaches and it's much gentler on my system.

You have had two major life changes back to back. Be kind to yourself and practice some deep breathing to help your body take in all this newness. Shock and stress are silent tricksters that you need to combat with gentle persuasion. You are a strong sister to have such a positive outlook so keep up the good work!
Unread 09-22-2008, 12:05 PM

wow hunny you have been through a lot in a short space of time, i'm 33 and have 4 kiddies and my youngest is nearly 9 months so i know what you mean about not being able to pick them up and care for them properly that too me is the hardest part of this recovery, i'm told 12 weeks post op before i can pick him up, i'm 5 weeks post op on Wednesday so a while to go yet grrrr.

try to take things easy as hard as it is, but like you say you need to be good and allow yourself to heal and then you can start enjoying your baby more
hugs
xxxx
Unread 09-22-2008, 03:57 PM

You have a new baby,, you likely get little sleep, and the sleep you do get is probaly interupted,, that and the incredible stress of having all these medical events,, events you didn't plan for , events that hurt,, and events that change your life.. ( having a baby changes your life, not being able to have another one may change your life plans) ...

How could you NOT be getting headaches..

It will get better,, but you must be more patient with yourself.. take short walks every day,, have a friend over for tea,, and work on the babys album.. things will improve.
Unread 09-22-2008, 04:19 PM

No wonder your stressed.

Try to rest when you can.

If the headaches continue I would call the doctor back.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register