Catchin Up with the Sisters | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Catchin Up with the Sisters Catchin Up with the Sisters

Unread 08-11-2001, 01:43 PM
Catchin Up with the Sisters

Just got back from a wonderful week at the shore with my hugh extended family.
Stayed out of the ocean and off the boardwalk rides, but cherished the company
and the surroundings. My bone pain after chemo 3 was not too bad this time!
Maria, glad to read that your check up went so well!! Thought of you often this
past week!
Dixie, sorry to read of your relapse. But keep those spirits high. You can do
this. I too have an infusaport in my left upper chest. It was a pain at first, but
quickly became just a part of my body. Accessing it hurts no more than drawing
blood from your arm. And we never have to worry about those chemo drugs
infiltrating into our arms. I too am older than you (49). The John Hopkins web site
for ovarian cancer has a spot for personal stories. I believe some of those
women were as young as you.
oxoxoxokarenann ovca III
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-11-2001, 02:11 PM

{{Karen}}

I'm so glad to hear you had such a wonderful time on your trip. Sounds very relaxing and peaceful.

And I'm very glad to hear you didn't have as much pain with this last round of chemo. I'll be hoping the remainder go as well! So, this means you're half way there doesn't it? That means you're on the downhill side!

So glad to see your spirits so high, what a wonderful thing that is! and so important too!

Many {{hugs}} and keep us posted on how you are doing.

Vicki
Unread 08-11-2001, 02:34 PM

Sounds like a great trip!

I've been trapped in the office all summer, so it sounds particularly good to me.

I'm glad that you're feeling better. {{{{Karen}}}}
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-11-2001, 03:27 PM

Hi Karen, it was so good that you had a lovely rest at the beach .
It is good to take a break when going through any treatment. I am sure you are very rested and ready to face the next lot of chemo. And like Vicki said , you are on the down hill run. I hope the next lot go smoothly for you, Karen. Keep up the great attitude,it sure helps x x
Unread 08-11-2001, 05:05 PM

Karen, Hugs Girl!!!
Welcome Home!
Glad you had a wonderful relaxing week.
Hope those sisters of yours kept their promise of the leg massages for your sore bones!! Good to hear the soreness is not as bad now.

Thank you for your good thoughts for my checkup Karen, it means alot. Yeah...I'm good for another 90 days I guess...God..90 days sounds like such a short time compared to saying 3 months...Ugh.....I want the day to come when I don't have to go back for 365 days.

You hang in there Karen , and keep us posted on how you are doing when you can! Whens the next chemo? The week of the 20th?

Love and Hugs!!
M. xoxo
Unread 08-11-2001, 06:34 PM

I am getting a four week break between treatments this time instead of the usual
three week plan. My doctor happens to be on vacation that third week.
Before I started the chemo my doc said I would receive six to eight rounds of
taxol/carbo. I am only now starting to wonder what he will use to determine the
six versus eight. I will definitely find out what the criteria is at my next visit.
oxoxoxkarenann
Unread 08-11-2001, 07:33 PM

Thats great Karen that you are getting a 4 week break this time.
hmmm the 6 to 8 treatments may be depending on what your markers are reading after 6 perhaps. Just guessing on that.

I know I wanted to quit after my 3rd round due to being so darn ill with it, and my onc. said....no because every cancer calls for a certain protocol of treatment and for mine it was 4 sessions, even though my markers were in normal range after the 3rd.

Looking back I am glad I did it as its nerve wracking enough waiting on the results after these checkups without the worry that I quit it early.
Enjoy your extra week of reprieve!!!
Hugs,
M. xoxo
Unread 08-13-2001, 10:54 AM

I think that this break will really do you good. It will give you time to get your thoughts down and really get motivated about what lies ahead. You know...cheer yourself on! We are all here to help you with that too!
I'm glad to hear that you had a wonderful vacation too!! You deserved it!! Now you need to plan another one for when EVERYTHING is over with!
Unread 08-13-2001, 06:38 PM

Hi, Karenann!

It sounds like you had a wonderful vacation. It's always good to be around family. And how terrific that your bone pain was less! Enjoy the extra week off of your chemo and keep up your great attitude!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register