LAVH 10-24 anyone else for that day? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

LAVH 10-24 anyone else for that day? LAVH 10-24 anyone else for that day?

Unread 10-09-2008, 05:14 PM
LAVH 10-24 anyone else for that day?

PS. Today I started my last period EVER!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-09-2008, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beads4me
PS. Today I started my last period EVER!!!!!!
Well do enjoy it!!!! Its the last of "good ole days". Remember the time we looked forward to see ing it every month so that we weren't pg! lol
I haven't had one since my ablation in march!
Unread 10-13-2008, 09:55 PM

Hi Sherri
I have one week today to go, it is afternoon here now, so this time next Tuesday I will probably be very nervous and ready to go in!!!!!! Scary thought! I am very busy at work, (can't you tell) no really I have lots to do and not many days to do it. If I could keep my mind clear I would be getting more done. How are you coping?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-15-2008, 04:25 PM

hi Julie,
I'm trying to keep busy here myself. i have 9 more sleeps to go! I have to go in on Tuesday and do all my preop with the doc and then i'll know what time etc. I too have tons of things to do for work and the time is ticking. I will likely go in on Saturday when its closed and catch up on some much needed paper work, and stay after any day next week to catch up also. But I am sooo ready to get it over with and start healing ...
I was out of town at a funeral so I was unable to post to your questions, I certainly was not ignoring... I'm all about support!
Keep your mind clear so that you can take in this experience!
Unread 10-15-2008, 05:37 PM

Hi Sherri
Sorry that you were at a funeral, our family has had it's fair share of those lately, each of us has been to at least one in last couple of months. I would love to come in to work on the weekend, get so much more done without annoying customers. lol. But we have visitors this weekend, I guess they will keep my mind occupied. Your last sentence is interesting, "Keep your mind clear so that you can take in this experience", hadn't thought about it like that, has me thinking. I guess you are right, we will only be doing this once. Crazy thoughts have been going through my head lately, like how this is irreversable (sp?), well duh who wants this uterus back. But my mind has been wandering strangely recently. I just need this to be over and done with and all my efforts to be organised, do I really think the world will end because I am in bed??? Sorry this has turned into a bit of rambling, but appreciate that I do that here. I don't have to go to a pre-op so have no tips there but good luck with that.
Unread 10-16-2008, 02:39 PM

Well this is going to be an experience for me!
I remember going in for my ablation and tried to remember everything right up to the time i was knocked out. and when I came to, I was very alert, and tried to remember everything that they were doing to me.
Same with this time, I want to be very clear minded and open to what ever is put in front of me.
I try to keep remembering that if I go in there with so much fear that I will just make myself sick and I don't want to freak anyone out!
So I am thinking positive thoughts .. now come Next friday morn, I may be thinking otherwise! But for the rest of this week, I am trying to to worry about anything.
I hope you do the same! The world will not end because you feel like crap one day and want to rest. It will be there when you start feeling better or someone else will do their share and help.
You dont' have to go see your doc and get labs done prior to surgery?
I have that to do on Tuesday, see him, preregister for admitting, and get labs done and when I get back to work the nurse will call me with all the fine details about what to expect during the process of surgery.
Then all I have to do is show up Friday and get pampered!
I hope you aren't stressing! Keep your chin up girl!
Unread 10-16-2008, 03:23 PM
Me too-LAVH on 10/21

I am anxious, however, not scared now, ready to get the uterus out----endometriosis HURTS!!!
The preop visit made me feel very good. I have been having tension headaches a few days in anticipation. I feel great about my surgeons, they trained at the Duke Durham Regional Hospital in Durham, NC and they are advanced in laproscopic hysterectomies.
Good luck!
Unread 10-16-2008, 03:49 PM

Hi Ladies!
I just found this thread today. I am also going in on Oct. 24. I have read all your posts and Have a lot of the same feelings.
I can't seem to concentrate lately. Sometimes trying to stay occupied with all I have to do helps, but other days it gets overwhelming!
I really wish you all the best for your stay in the castle. I plan on going next Wednesday for a pamper day. Get my nails, hair and waxing done. I want to feel feminine. That is a big fear of mine, that I won't feel like a woman anymore. I made the decision years ago to not have more pregnancies because of health problems, but I still feel like I am losing out on something. I just had my last period (hooray for that!!) and I am looking forward to no more pain, I hope.
Well, enough of my ramblings. It is so nice to have people to talk to about all this, cause I think my family and friends are tired of hearing it. Good luck to you all!
Unread 10-16-2008, 05:36 PM

Hi to Bbelle and spalover!
It is so nice to know that I'm not the only one going through this and that other sisters understand.
Sherri, I love your thinking, I may as well embrace this change to my life. My main concern is that DH will not cope, he can be quite fragile, but perhaps he will surprise me.
I do believe that a good attitude will really help with recovery, but have been letting my mind get away with itself lately, thankyou Sherri for bringing me back to how I want to think. You are an angel.
On the plus side, came home from work yesterday and my cleaning lady had done her first day. I decided to get someone in for a few months to make it easier on everyone else, and I love it. I could get used to this!
It's Friday morning in my part of the world, nearly the weekend, I will enjoy my family. Good luck and hugs to you all.
Unread 10-17-2008, 03:48 AM

Julie, belle and spa,
We are ladies in waiting! Just think what our posts will be like after our transition to the other side will be like!
You can't think of your hysterectomy as a loss of who you are, its just another stepping stone in our adventure called life!
Julie, If you husband loves you then he will be by your side and suprise you with what you think is fragile, will turn out to be tender love.
My DH is a wonderful man and is taking 4 weeks vacation to make sure his "queen" is pampered. He broke his foot last fall, and I treated him like I would want to be treated, so its time he returns the favor!
I don't need to hire a cleaning lady, my husband cooks, cleans and does laundry! YES!
I would say last week I was feeling more anxiety then I am this week, I'm just embrassing this and can't wait til its over!
<oops! email address removed for your safety and security> . Have a great weekend ladies and keep your smile!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register