LAVH 10-24 anyone else for that day? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

LAVH 10-24 anyone else for that day? LAVH 10-24 anyone else for that day?

Unread 10-17-2008, 09:49 AM
LAVH 10-24 anyone else for that day?

Last night my DH finally admitted that the reason he has not had much reaction to my surgery is because he feels out of control. He feels helpless but won't take my suggestions to find out more about the procedure. He plans on taking the day of my surgery off, but won't take anymore, and I am really nervous for when I get home from the castle. Especially my first night home. He also broke some bones earlier in the year and I did EVERYTHING for him! I feel very alone in this. I do have a support system of friends. But he has always been my rock and I feel abandoned in my time of need.
I don't mean to sound so down on him. He is a very busy person. Thank you for letting me vent! Love to all~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-17-2008, 10:37 AM

mine is the 20th of this month I am sooooooooo ready I cant wait . just cool and calm so far so i am good.
good health to all
Unread 10-17-2008, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbelle
Last night my DH finally admitted that the reason he has not had much reaction to my surgery is because he feels out of control. He feels helpless but won't take my suggestions to find out more about the procedure. He plans on taking the day of my surgery off, but won't take anymore, and I am really nervous for when I get home from the castle. Especially my first night home. He also broke some bones earlier in the year and I did EVERYTHING for him! I feel very alone in this. I do have a support system of friends. But he has always been my rock and I feel abandoned in my time of need.
I don't mean to sound so down on him. He is a very busy person. Thank you for letting me vent! Love to all~
Dearest Bbelle,

Don't go into your pampered days with worrying about your DH's reactions to things. Men react differently to alot of things. If he loves you then he will see that you have everything you need before he heads out to work and will help you when he gets home. If you have other support around you for the times he is away that would be wonderful.
I'm wishing you the best! Just don't worry before surgery! Everything has a way of working out!
sending you lots of love
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-17-2008, 03:05 PM

irene,
best wishes my dear!!!
Unread 10-17-2008, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slb_49837
Dearest Bbelle,

Don't go into your pampered days with worrying about your DH's reactions to things. Men react differently to alot of things. If he loves you then he will see that you have everything you need before he heads out to work and will help you when he gets home. If you have other support around you for the times he is away that would be wonderful.
I'm wishing you the best! Just don't worry before surgery! Everything has a way of working out!
sending you lots of love

Thank you Sherri I know he will do all he can once he can see what my needs are. Things just have a way of looking grim when we are stressed and a little emotional. Thank you for all the support!
Unread 10-20-2008, 02:40 PM

best wishes to all having surgery this week... see you all on the other side!!! Embrace the experience ladies!
Unread 10-20-2008, 05:25 PM

Hi Ladies
Have not had phone or internet for few days so have missed out on my sisters support when I needed it most, but have been thinking of you all.
It is Tuesday morning here, just finished last washing and cleaning, going to have a shower and pamper myself for a little while before I go to the castle soon. I am a little nervous, but quite calm and ready to accept whatever is before me. Am hungry though, lol. Special thanks to Sherri for your kind thoughts. Good luck and hugs to all you ladies and see you on the other side.
Unread 10-20-2008, 08:41 PM
Here I go, off to the castle!!

Hi Hyster Sisters

I am preparing this evening for the trip to the castle at 5:30am-----feels like the calm before the storm. Had a migraine earlier in day, but it's gone. I'm feeling like a hot bubble bath and a magazine. My stomach is growling like crazy!!! Please pray that they will be able to do the LAVH and not the TAH which is a possibility if my endo is too much. Good luck to all those out there with surgery tomorrow and this week! We'll touch base on the other side!!!!

Spa lover!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register