Just realized Hys was inevitable... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Posts from the Heart > Aching Hearts

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Just realized Hys was inevitable... Just realized Hys was inevitable...

Unread 10-06-2008, 07:03 PM
Just realized Hys was inevitable...

Okay, I am 41 and just found out today that Hyst was the only real option for me. I have been near tears all day and just want to crawl into a corner and cry.

I have three beautiful adopted children...and one daughter in heaven. I could never carry to term and have had numerous miscarriages, d&c procedures.

Now, I am bleeding excessively, which has led to two blood transfusions over the past 7 years. Tried ablation, but too much scar tissue to perform.

I am okay with not having a biological child...been over that. But, somehow, this whole situation has brought back the many years of anguish and pain...I mean I could not have children, now I can't have my uterus!!!

My husband just sees it as something that needs to be done and does not understand my anguish. I am so afraid that my sex drive will go away and I won't be able to orgasm anymore.

Help! I just want to...well, drink heavily and hope this all goes away...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-06-2008, 07:07 PM

I am feeling the same way and want you to know you are not alone. I also have an adopted child and 1 Bioligical. I have no desire to have more children. I am 36 and was told 10 years ago I needed a hyster. I put it off and now I am told I can't anymore. I am afraid of the same things about sex and orgasm along with hormone issues. I am scared of the hyster. but, also can't live with the almost daily pain. ......
Unread 10-07-2008, 09:17 AM

My issue is excessive bleeding...I can't risk another blood transfusion, so I was advised many years ago that this would probably be the eventual outcome.

Of course, everyone says just accept it and move on; well, that is what I was told with every miscarriage, when we lost my only biological daughter shortly after her birth, when I was dealing with infertility and now.

I am just so glad to know I am not alone. Thanks for listening...:-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-14-2008, 09:33 AM

Date is set for November and I am still vacillating. JustMyLife, how are you holding up?
Unread 10-14-2008, 06:50 PM

I am scared to death also. I am scheduled for Dec. 5th but, I am having alot of problems with pain. I have been in the ER once again with terrible pain. My doctor has just ordered a MRI for Thursday(2days from now). He is thinking there might be more going on. Maybe with my stomach along with the ovary and uterus.. Yikes...I just am trying to keep it together. I am also a single mom and work as a waitress so I am on my feet go go go go....I know I need to give it all to God. I just seem to be stressing so much over this. I am interested to see what the MRI says. I have been given pain meds but, they make me sleepy and that is not good. I am glad you have family in your area to help you. My family is in Minnesota and I am in North Carolina. My mom will come down for 1 week when I have surgery. I am sorry to hear your husband is not responding to your needs. I know in time he will. Men are so funny, they don't get what all the mess is about and they seem to think it is no big deal. I have broke down to my boyfriend a few times and he just doesn't get it either. Maybe we should give them a ovary, uterus and tons of bleeding and mood swings and then see how they do. lol..better yet if they could imagine taking there testicles off maybe that would help..hmmm.....I know so mean. I hope things get better for you.
Unread 10-16-2008, 09:10 AM

I will be keeping you in my thoughts. I understand that there will be a lot of soreness after the surgery, so if you have any friends in NC with you, they could be a big help after your mother leaves. Having her there the first week will be a lot to take, I know.

But, you know what, I am going to do...take the time after the surgery to BE STILL and really HEAL from the inside out...not only physically, but mentally and emotionally, too. This is the final chapter in a long history of failed pregnancies, lost babies, miscarriages, infertility and anemia. So, I am going to try to close the book on that part of my life and start anew.

I pray that you will find out your other health issues and that your surgery will solve those issues.
Unread 10-29-2008, 08:02 AM

ladies as I lay here in bed at 5:51 am- been up for hours waiytng for the pain meds to kick in- I feel all your pain 10 pregnancies 5 m/c 1 SIDS death- 2 tubal reversals, 1 abscess and mrsa after the placenta was left in 3 blood transfusions, and a week ago a tube and ovary removal - that took over 5 hours after the lap failed- my bladder was cut and I am still in bed on pain meds and have a lump the size of a lemon under my belly button and no feeling in my right leg and groin- aaaak
my hubby and I have not had sex in over a year its hard on our marriage- hard with two small babies. I am here if you need to talk... HUGS CAndace

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register