has anyone used evamist | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

has anyone used evamist has anyone used evamist

Unread 10-08-2008, 03:01 PM
has anyone used evamist

I am taking it now. Wondered how others have done on it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-08-2008, 05:56 PM
has anyone used evamist

Isn't it funny, all the Dr.s are prescribing Evamist! I just went for a hormone followup consult and told them I wasn't completely happy with the patches and thats the one he told me about. He gave me a sample of Evamist and EstroGel but I'm just not sure of how the doses compare to the patches. Evamist says its 1.53 mg. of estradiol abd EstroGel says 0.06% which is the same as 0.75mg so is Evamist a little stroner than a .1mg patch and the EstroGel is like wearing a 0.75 mg patch? I just don't know if it would be wise to change to one of these or stay with the patch even though I don't think I'm getting enough estrogen. My level was at 86 which is still low. Dr. Vliet says 90 to 200 most women feel good at that level. Since its only been out a little while, I hope someone comes along that has done well on Evamist so we wil know....Anybody?
Unread 10-08-2008, 06:11 PM
has anyone used evamist

Evamist is a fairly new form of ert. I imagine that doctors are getting samples from the manufacturers so when patients are having problems they are having their patients try this new method.

You can do a search of this forum and find some recent threads where Evamist has been discussed.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-09-2008, 08:22 AM
has anyone used evamist

What Kim said.

Also - I have found when it comes to comparing doses of different estrogen therpies, it's helpful to find the prescribing information document on the drug's website and compare the blood level graphs. That will give you a good idea how much estradiol it's really putting into your system.

From what I can tell, Evamist as it's usually prescribed, is a rather low dose ERT.
Unread 10-15-2008, 11:13 AM
has anyone used evamist

so far it has not been enough i added my patch back. I have all kinds of estrogens here. Patch,Pill and spray.
Unread 10-16-2008, 05:43 PM
has anyone used evamist

I just changed to Evamist on Monday evening. My doc thought I should try this since my estratest HS and estorgel are not doing the trick. I will let you know how it goes. I am also taking 2.5 mg of Melatonin to help me sleep at night.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register