Grooming question | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Grooming question Grooming question

Unread 10-09-2008, 02:06 AM
Grooming question

Hi everyone, got a women Q for you all ... Maybe one or so of you might have an answer or at least insight to.

For all of my life I’d not had hair in my pelvic area what so ever, however when I was put on Depo Provera back in 2004 it started to grow in (K figured the depo was putting my hormones to rights – I do suffer from PCOS so though it was a side effect of my hormones going into alignment type deal).

Well that growth slowed after a while, so I didn’t take much of an interest once things appeared to settle down (aka the growth prity much stopped). Well its now been 4 months since my total hyster and for the first time I’ve gotten so much hair down there that I am in total irritation (which means I’m actually thinking of having to shave that area, yet for the life of me I have no experience in shaving what so ever – never had the need to do so, till now).

Now, I know that hormones are what trigger the growth but in 4 months its gone from a nice tidy fine amount of hair, to a course wiry itchy annoying bustle of hair (can now actually get almost handfuls of the stuff). I am wondering if other’s have experienced this after their hyster and if so did it calm down with time or did you eventually have to resort to shaving? And for those who shave on a regular basis, ummm what razor do you recommend that doesn’t have alo vera are part of the shaver or the like (highly allergic to that stuff, enough that its almost ended me up in the ER more then once from just a minor touch to the skin). I have tried the disposable women shavers down there and well they don’t see to work at all, if anything they add to the irritation :-(

Thanks, any help suggestions, idea or the like are welcomed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-09-2008, 01:00 PM
Grooming question

Wow...i have not had this but good luck! my sister uses an old electric razor of her husbands says it works the best...no soap water ...let me know!
Unread 10-09-2008, 01:12 PM
Grooming question

i have known quit a few women who never had hair before. but as for shaving, your best bet in my experience is the venus embrace, i am very allergic to stuff but surprisingly not to that. the only other option is waxing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-09-2008, 01:37 PM
Grooming question

I shave all the time down there in the summer. Make use use have a good razor and soap it good. First I do the sides and then shave downwards easily until it looks like what I want.....

Landing strip? Whatever!
Unread 10-09-2008, 02:35 PM
Grooming question

Cut the hair right back with scissors before you shave and use powder straight after or baby oil or you may get a rash.
If you are married your Husband could do it for you, it is tricky and takes practise.
Unread 10-09-2008, 05:00 PM
Grooming question

I shave all the time with a trimmer (the kind that they use to give guys a buzz cut) Works great. Leaves it really short and it doesn't itch like it can when you use a razor.
Unread 10-09-2008, 05:26 PM
Grooming question

I shave it all off. I have for years. Just use a good three blade razor. Otherwise it grows back super fast and ITCHES!
Unread 10-09-2008, 10:52 PM
Grooming question

I don't know any women who don't "groom". You have just been lucky all these years! I used to shave but I hated the bumps and ingrown hairs so now I have a bikini wax about every 5-6 weeks.

Whatever method you choose, everyone has to do it!
Unread 10-10-2008, 12:49 AM
Grooming question

I've always been very hairy, I know TMI. I tried shaving but couldn't stand the itching when it grows back. Now I trim my hair back with hair scissors like the ones my beautician uses to clip my ends (the hair on my head, silly goose).
Unread 11-06-2008, 11:02 PM
Grooming question

i use the Schick Intuition razor but ive just learned that using a razor you are at higher risk for infections? so i think im gonna try to get the nerve to wax....wish me luck!!! LOL!! anyonw who does waz..is it that bad?? honest? lol!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register