Hrt or not? I am a wreck | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hrt or not? I am a wreck Hrt or not? I am a wreck

Unread 10-15-2008, 01:04 PM
Hrt or not? I am a wreck

I don't know whether to feel better or not... I am a mess.. both physically and mentally... my complete (including ovaries) hysterectomy was nearly a year ago now... I was DETERMINED to avoid HRT... but i'm wondering now if i should reconsider.. I have an appt with my NP next week...

i ache (more than usual)... i'm an emotional wreck... and EXTREMELY depressed... i hate the world and myself (not too unusual - but worse than usual)... my hot flashes are off the chart...

I can't remember ANYTHING... do things I don't remember doing... this has been happening for several years now... and i wonder if i wasn't in peri-menopause long before i realized it... i read the other day that the more hotflashes you have, the worse your memory is.

i am concerned for a few reasons about getting started on HRT... when i was younger and tried to take the pill, it made me CRAZY... plus, it caused weight gain... i don' t want either of those to happen... but i've heard that the dose of HRT is so low now that it doesn't cause those symptoms so much.

I also wonder about bio-identical HRT... anyone know anything about it?

sorry for whining... but i have NO ONE i can talk to...

Thanks for reading.. xo

kb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-15-2008, 01:51 PM
Hrt or not? I am a wreck

Try the bioidenticals. And find someone who knows what they are doing with them. I've recently been put on bios biest/progesterone and a separate tube of pregnenalone (for short term use). My anxiety is much better and my moods are improving slowly. I'm far from being great but I'm hoping it will just get better. I'm just coming up on my 6 week time frame. But I switched Dr.'s only 3 weeks ago and she changed my dosages and took me off the testosterone since it was making me very angry and wanting to fight. My memory is horrible and that is why she is putting me on the pregnenalone for a short time. My lab results showed that I was very low in preg. too.
I know how you feel. this morning was a rough morning as I didn't feel good. I was in tears and telling my husband that my quality of life SUCKS and how much longer can I go on like this. I get depressed when I don't feel well. But I'm feeling better now. Good days/bad days. I can't wait for more good days. Hang in there - and try the bios. They say that is what our bodies produce naturally.
Unread 10-15-2008, 01:56 PM
Hrt or not? I am a wreck

Thanks Seablue! xo you have given me a bit of hope... and sad as it is.. it's good to know i'm not alone in how i'm feeling... thank you again! Your response is more appreciated than you know...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-15-2008, 02:31 PM
Hrt or not? I am a wreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktbCA57
sorry for whining... but i have NO ONE i can talk to...
Don't worry about whining - that's what I come on here to do!

I hope you find a solution soon. I know this feels like it goes on for ever. I haven't put on any weight with HRT, in fact I've lost about 12lbs, but this could also be because I am trying to do regular exercise and I'm more careful about what I eat.

I don't know anyone else in "real life" who has been through this.

Unread 10-15-2008, 04:36 PM
Hrt or not? I am a wreck

I don't know anyone in person (real life) either going thru this. I was waiting at the compounding pharmacy today for my script and there were quite a few women coming in to pick up their bioidenticals. I was thinking... we should have a local support group. Because I sure can't be the only one out here with hormonal issues.
Unread 10-15-2008, 04:59 PM
Look into Bio Identicals!

I had a total hysterectomy at the age of 28. I tried synthetic estrogen for several years with many problems. I had my blood levels tested and found out my estrone level (I have been told this is the estrogen most linked to cancer), was 3 times what it should be. I was suffering from chronic vaginal and yeast infections and aching all over. I switched to the bio identicals over 2 years ago and I improved greatly. All of my pain went away! I think it was from adding the progesterone.
I will tell you that it is very hard to keep the hormone levels balanced. I still struggle even on the bio identicals, but I work with a pharmacy that really cares about helping me and listens to what my symptoms are and makes adjustments. I would search for a pharmacy and gyno who will work together for you on taking the bio identicals. If you need more info let me know. I now get the saliva testing done when we need to recheck. It costs about $100 and I try to get it once a year to keep things in check. I am now 35.
Unread 10-15-2008, 08:20 PM
Hrt or not? I am a wreck

I am doing great on the Climera patch, bio idenical estrogen. Goes right to the bloodstream.

I never attempted to go without estrogen. Quality of life day to day is important for me. Too many great reasons to take it. I would be very very ill without my patch. Migraines, throwing up, nausea, etc. I know because it happened before surgery when I had my ovaries.

My doctor put the patch on me right after she did the surgery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register