I'm a basket case tonight! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm a basket case tonight! I'm a basket case tonight!

Unread 08-13-2001, 08:10 PM
I'm a basket case tonight!

I'm three weeks post op and things have been going really well for me. Unfortunately, Saturday I developed a horrible stiff neck. The dr. says it's probably a combination of the anesthesia and lying around and called me in some muscle relaxers. Anyway, I haven't been sleeping and I've been hurting since Saturday and it's worn me down emotionally.

THEN, tonight I had a tooth chip. It would be bad enough if it were just one, but it's not. I've already lost 3 back teeth. Last year, another tooth broke off and I had a root canal. Earlier this year, two more teeth broke off, but I haven't seen the dentist with them yet. SO.... I have at least three teeth that are needing major work and my other teeth aren't much better. I have really weak enamel and it's like my teeth are eroding.

I'm absolutely terrified of the dentist. I'm not talking a little scared. My TAH was a piece of cake compared to the terror I feel about seeing someone about my teeth. I don't have the money to pay upfront and I'm not sure at this point if my teeth can even be saved. I'm so bad that my last dentist always prescribed a Valiuum ahead of time, then gassed me.

Add my dental concerns to my emotionalism from the hormone changes and I'm a real basket case. I know there's nothing anyone can say to really help, but I just needed to share this with someone....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-13-2001, 08:21 PM
I'm a basket case tonight!

I can relate to the "stiff neck" problem. I have had problems with my neck off and on since an accident several years ago. I have a wonderful physical therapist who had me on a great exercise regimen and I was symptom free for months. However, with the added stress of the upcoming surgery and not being able to take my usual Advil/Motrin, this last weekend was awful! I resorted to taking 1/2 of a Tylenol #3 on Saturday night to get some sleep!

Today I saw my therapist and she gave me a treatment which helped a lot. I got more muscle relaxers from the doc as well but the thing I liked the best was a "relaxation" tape that my DH brought home on Sunday afteroon. I put it on with a warm/moist towel around my neck and was able to really get some relief without the meds on Sunday afternoon. I'm stocking up on these tapes before surgery to help when I'm not able to sleep.

Regarding the dental fear- My sister-in-law had a similar problem and found a dentist who specializes in patients with dental-phobia. She saw his add in the yellow pages and called and asked for references. She has been really happy with him. She is still a little afraid but having an understanding dentist and staff has helped a lot.

Wishing you better days to come!!!

s and
Unread 08-14-2001, 04:41 PM
Problems

Hey I have a stiff neck too. I thought it was how I was sleeping, but if it is affecting some of you other sisters maybe it is something else. And I noticed my teeth were really senitive right after my surgery. I think it was the tube they put in my thoat. Whatever the reason that has almost gone. I really have bad teeth and I just go to the dentist and say gas me. He just laughs and puts the gas to me. It really is hard to work around that thing on your nose, but he knows it just can't do without it. I also take 1,000 units of vit. C. That helps with healing and bones and teeth and it helps your body absorb vit. E better. I also take at least 800 units of vit. E. That does help it may take a few weeks but it does help. It doesn't hurt to mix those vit. with anything. Hope I have helped some. I feel like a pill pusher , but vit. does really help. I hope some one can give us some advice about the stiff neck.

Women are World Wonders

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register