Ovaries, pain with ovulation, pelvic pain? (MRI update) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Ovaries, pain with ovulation, pelvic pain? (MRI update) Ovaries, pain with ovulation, pelvic pain? (MRI update)

Unread 10-27-2008, 07:57 PM
Those with ovaries, pain with ovulation, pelvic pain?

I have had the worst pelvic pain off and on for the past week or so. If I push on either side of my pelvic bone, ouch!

I know this pain well as I had it before surgery(only for about 20 years) and it generally means I am ovulating or cysts have returned on my ovaries. Either way I am not happy as this was one of the major concerns I had prior to surgery but there were no cysts at the time of surgery so here I am.

My worst fear is having to have BSO after recovering from TVH!!

Will I just have to live with it until menopause! It really just irks me, I think I would rather have continued to bleed than have the pain! I am very discouraged right now. I am going to the gyne on Friday and can already see her writing an order for an ultrasound.

Anyone else out there that still has ovary/ovaries, that has pain monthly, cysts etc????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-27-2008, 08:08 PM
Ovaries, pain with ovulation, pelvic pain? (MRI update)

ive always had painful ovulation and i continue to have it. have you just had the pain for the past week? it could be that youre ovulating for the first time since your surgery and youre really feeling it. i hope you dont have any cysts
Unread 10-27-2008, 08:14 PM

I had crampiness around week 4 or 5 but never the pain grrrr
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-27-2008, 08:28 PM
painful ovulation

I had my partial hyst in Aug as well and have had painful ovulation in both Sept and Oct. I've also had some intense PMS-ing that lasts for a couple days.
The ovulation is about the same as it was pre surgery but this PMS stuff is waaay worse.

I feel for ya...hang in there!
Unread 10-27-2008, 08:37 PM

I had a continous period for over 6 months prior to my surgery while on Provera so I don't even remember what PMS is...I had it every day!! There is no way I want this pain every month, and how long do I ride it out?
Unread 10-27-2008, 08:47 PM

That is my worst fear because that was the biggest reason FOR having my surgery (I've only lived with the pain for about 8 years though)

So far so good (but then again, I'm not even a week post op yet) but my doctor did tell me (several times) that the surgery would not be a guarantee that the ovary pain would go away. That's a chance I'd be willing to take though.

Hopefully it will work itself out and will go away (not really sure what else to say... just wanted to say something positive for ya) (((((hugs)))))
Unread 10-27-2008, 10:07 PM

Bluzchick - you should check with your doctor about the pain. I am concerned that you are feeling pain on both sides of your pelvis.

You only release one egg during a cycle, so you should only have pain on one side. I have always been able to feel which ovary is releasing the egg because I feel the "twang" around the 11th day of my cycle.
Unread 11-02-2008, 04:20 PM

I did go in on Friday and left pretty disappointed and wondering if I should be getting a second opinion. She did do an internal exam, said that the cuff and vag. canal are healed perfectly. She didn't feel anything internally that would be causing my pain. I told her over and over again that this pain is what I have had for several years when ovulating or when I have cysts on the ovaries. She kept repeating that she didn't feel anything while doing her exam. She said that my vaginal dryness and irritation was not hormonal....still wondering HOW she knows this without doing any testing, but okay, she is the doctor, right? She didn't want to order a CAT scan right away, instead a vag ultrasound to be done next Friday. Still wondering why we wouldn't just do the CAT scan. Money/Insurance is not an issue as I have met my out of pocket for the year.

She mentioned taking the ovaries out but was hesitant as she doesn't like to do another surgery so soon. I just looked at her and said if you would have taken the ovaries during the hyst. we probably wouldnt be having this discussion!! I understand the sudden onset of menopause.....I was willing to deal with that!!

VERY frustrated and still don't have any answers.
Unread 11-09-2008, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluzchick
I did go in on Friday and left pretty disappointed and wondering if I should be getting a second opinion.

VERY frustrated and still don't have any answers.
2nd opinions can be very good. I went to the 1st castle because I thought I had another pulmonary embolism then switched when they sent a GYN to me for the bleeding. My regular GYN practices out of a different hospital and I wanted him, not a complete stranger.

At 1st castle, an echocardogram found an atrial septal defect in my heart. Cardiologist was telling me I needed a transesophageal echogram, angiogram, and patch for the hole. I just wasn't willing to jump into all of that since I had just had my hyster, so I asked doc at castle #2 to check into it for me. 2nd cardiologist at 2nd castle ran two more echos, a stress test, and EKG and found nothing.

I have a perfectly normal, healthy heart, good cholesteral levels and not even an indication of blockage. 3rd consultation and review of the test data agreed with #2. I saved myself a lot of invasive procedures because I got another opinion. Either I have been miraculously healed or the 1st cardio was a quack. (I did have a lot of people praying for me!)

If you think you need a 2nd opinion - get one!
Unread 11-09-2008, 12:19 PM

I felt it when I ovulated this month. Hopefully it is just because things are inflamed in that area.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register