Radiation Treatments Start Today | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Radiation Treatments Start Today Radiation Treatments Start Today

Unread 10-28-2008, 07:14 AM
Radiation Treatments Start Today

Good Morning Sisters,

Well the second part of my journey starts today. It has been 8 weeks since my surgery and my recovery has gone quite well. In fact, I am back to my pre-surgery pace on my daily 5 mile walk although I am still pretty tired by the end of the day. My DH is still doing the housework because he does not want me to overdo it and relapse which is very sweet of him.

I begin 25 external and 3 internal radiation treatments today (hopefully I will get my treatment schedule today for planning purposes). For the past two weeks I have been in "hurry up and wait mode" but this morning I am now quite nervous. I guess this is to be expected.

Somehow starting these treatments has made the whole "cancer" experience more intense and made me really accept that I am in for a fight.

I am so thankful for everyone's support on this amazing forum.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-28-2008, 07:22 AM
Good luck

My thoughts and prayers will be with you today. You will be fine. I am sending you postive energy to get through this difficult time. Healing well is a good sign that you will fly through this.......HUGS
Unread 10-28-2008, 01:29 PM

Good Luck Auntie M - You sound strong, I am sure you will do well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-28-2008, 02:33 PM

Auntie, the treatments made the whole cancer thing very real for me too. With the surgery I was able to tell myself it was "just surgery". With the treatments...well when you say chemo or radiation...it's hard to pretend it's something else.

Hang in there hon. Be sure to rest as needed and eat whenever/whatever you like! There will be time to adjust your body AFTER treatments!
Unread 10-28-2008, 02:52 PM

Back from the first treatment - all went well. I am so fortunate to live in a city where we have a top-notch cancer facility. The centre has the latest technology and wonderful staff.

I will have a meeting with my doctor on Friday morning after my treatment to discuss my most recent CT scan and any issues/questions I may have.

1 down - 24 to go.

Thanks everyone for your support!
Unread 10-28-2008, 02:53 PM

Well done! You can do it! Just keep on counting down and it'll be over in no time. x
Unread 10-28-2008, 05:34 PM

I'm glad your treatment went well.

Unread 10-29-2008, 05:55 AM

Hi Auntie M (your "name" reminds me of The Wizard of Oz)

Glad to hear the treatment went well!

Best to you!
Unread 10-29-2008, 07:20 AM

Hi Auntie M,
Congratulations on getting through your first treatment (and perhaps now, through your second)! I just finished radiation a couple of weeks ago -- I found the beginning to be particularly difficult and slow, and then time seemed to speed up toward the end. A friendly staff, good equipment, and your own strong body are all going to serve you in good stead.
Unread 10-29-2008, 07:43 PM

Hi Auntie M,

Please keep posting about radiation. When I have my final chemo in Dec. I will begin 5 weeks of radiation too. I want to know what it is like. I hope your treatment goes smoothly and that it knocks out all the remaining bad cells.
Thinking of you!

Hugs,
Trickie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register