How tired are you? ? ? (kids mentioned) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How tired are you? ? ? (kids mentioned) How tired are you? ? ? (kids mentioned)

Unread 11-11-2008, 12:49 PM
How tired are you? ? ? (kids mentioned)

Well, six years ago I was nursing my son - I had strep throat and was on my THIRD round of antibiotics for it - my 18 month had strep and the croup at the same time - he is autistic (we didn't know that at the time) and we wouldn't sleep - and to top it all off I was six weeks pregnant. That is how tired I am right now!

How about you guys! Anyone else just wanting to fall over?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-11-2008, 02:20 PM

ahhhhh i am TIRED as heck too ..... i haven't been this tired since i was 9 months pregnant with #8 and everyone in my house got the stomach flu but me ... that was AWSOME...... NOT!!!!! thats how tired i am and i am supose to go back to work on saturday... it is going to GREAT!!!!

Ammy
30 year old
LAVH 9-19-08
Unread 11-11-2008, 02:36 PM

I am napping like a princess every afternoon for 2 hours! And DH is getting a bit exasperated trying to keep the kids quiet. I am more tired than after I had both c-sections- and having babies that nurse every 1.5 hrs and never napped unless they were in my arms! This is a kind of exhaustion that is different from lack of sleep. Mind you, I wonder if I sleep more now since I can- my kids are 10 and 12.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-11-2008, 10:23 PM

OMGEE thought it was just me!!!!!
I am so tired just taking a shower is cause for a nap. I have'nt been this tired since I was a preschool teacher to 3 year olds. Thank the good Lord my DH and DD have been pulling thier weight around here cuz I sure have'nt been I hope this ends soon
Unread 11-12-2008, 05:29 PM

I am very tired too. I can't nap cuz I am afraid then I won't sleep at night. Can't really get comfortable yet cuz I am over weight. I had no idea I was going to have to go through all this from the operation. I wish I could have read this site before the operation.
Unread 11-12-2008, 06:09 PM

Hi

Put a pillow between your legs and sleep on your side that hurts the least. If someone can help, put a pillow on your lower back too. I am "fluffy" too, and that seems to help me. I too wish I had seen this site before, and have had some questioning moments. But you are only one week- I am 3 weeks- things will get better! Hang in there.
Unread 11-12-2008, 06:36 PM

I am over a month out and I feel so tired and crappy all the time. Now that the time has changed, I feel like I could go to bed at 7pm. I am just wiped out (I had an LSH and started back to work a week and a half post op). I am not in any pain...just feel tired and crappy all the time.
Unread 11-12-2008, 06:50 PM

UGHHHHHH I'm so tired too. Today is the first time I've taken a nap since I think week 2 and I'm at week 5 right now and the nap was only about 45 mins long. I haven't been walking due to my pain but I also haven't been sitting on the couch eating bon bons either. I've been doing the little household chores and taking care of my sick daughter who seems to always need something the second I sit down. My ears, nose and throat burn so much because I'm so tired I just feel like I could collapse plus my head has been killing me lately. Hopefully my daughter will go back to school tomorrow so I'll at least get a chance to lay back down after they both go back to school. Since dh has been down with his issues I haven't had much help and it's really taking it's toll on me.

While I'm not happy to see that others are also tired I'm relieved to see that it's not just me that is still having issues. I can't imagine working at this point. Doing these little things at home is bad enough.

Sue Huls
TVH w/vault and suspension w/TVT sub urethral sling Oct 7, 2008
Unread 11-12-2008, 06:51 PM

Very tired! Any small task and I am exhausted. I am fearful about what our Thanksgiving is going to look like! I hear Popeye's is doing a Cajan turkey. LOL.

My dd is autistic. Best wishes.
Unread 11-12-2008, 07:09 PM

Thank you so much for your suggestion of the pillow. I will try that. It is nice just to hear from someone. I spend most of my day trying to get comfortable & scared to death that something is going to go wrong. I have never felt so alone in my life. I was not prepared at all for this.

M

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register