Things I miss and am looking forward to........ (sigh) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Things I miss and am looking forward to........ (sigh) Things I miss and am looking forward to........ (sigh)

Unread 11-17-2008, 03:27 PM
Things I miss and am looking forward to........ (sigh)

I'm not depressed, quite the opposite today, just looking forward to a little normalcy and wondering who else might be too?

THINGS I MISS and am looking forward to, soon I hope:

1)CHEESE! Cheese pizza, Cheese burgers (too binding, yeah I tried)

2)Coca Cola (carbonation=gas, yeah I tried)

3)A truly NORMAL BM (came close today)

4)DRIVING! (One more week... I'll try to be good, but not promising)

5)The big *O* (can't experiment yet... only 10 days out but it's always on my mind, like ALWAYS... what is friekin' WRONG with me? I've got a GAZILLION stitches up there from my a&p repair but I'm still going out of my mind... <scratching my head>)

6)Dream free sleep, see 5 (sigh) (should be ok tonight, off percoset)

7)A bath for ME, with BUBBLES, not just the clear hot water, giant sitz bath, hoo hoo soaking and infection squeezing regimen...

8)Letting puppies sleep on my tummy (sigh)

9)Making it through the 11 oclock news without falling asleep

10)Being nausea free......................... 'nuff said

What are you looking forward to?????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-17-2008, 03:41 PM

Great Post! I can so totally identify with your feelings!
> I was on my way home from my 6 week checkup when I got my first cheeseburger - I tried the grilled cheese sandwich at week 2 - big mistake!
> It was a toss up for me between diet coke and diet red bull - I was able to do small amounts after about 3 weeks.
> BM? 'nuff said!
> I held out for two weeks, then drove to the store and doctor. I might not have walked fast, but I could drive once I quit taking the drugs...
> Doc released me at 6 weeks, but I still had a couple of stitches to wait for. Hubby checked them last night, still oozing. Thank God he's got more sense than me - I'm ready!!!
> Sleep - what a wonderful word - even better feeling. I do notice though that I don't seem to need as much as I did before the surgery. I still get tired easily, but seem to recover fairly quickly.
> I had my first bath at week 6 - blissful - tons of warm chanel bubbles...
> The kitty was happy the first time I didn't boot her when she jumped up
> I found out that Leno was really still on after the news - and I actually saw Saturday Night Live this weekend!
> Try some peppermint tea, it might help the nausea

I am still missing drinking - alcohol. I tried putting some Irish Cream into my coffee last weekend, definitely not ready for that yet. I can't wait until I can have a glass of wine or a shot of Jack without having my bladder spasm...

Take care, you'll feel better soon!
Edie
Unread 11-17-2008, 03:45 PM

Missing SHOPPING! ( Not grocery ). I have a lot of Christmas shopping and eager to get started, although I'll probably do the majority of it online.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-17-2008, 04:56 PM

Hind sight is 20/20... I shoulda named the thread "What a girl wants, want a girl needs.........." (giggle) I should be ok to shop (gently) by the first of December... still enough time, dontcha think?
Unread 11-18-2008, 07:44 AM

Hm... Probably a bit. I'm going to try to do a little clothes shopping today. I have a coupon I want to use and need to get a few things. I'm a month out.

We still have plenty of time to shop. And online shopping is fun too!
Unread 11-18-2008, 07:54 AM

I can not wait to get the green light to return to swim team practice!!

I desperately want to go for a long, slow run.

Wearing jeans again would be nice. Although, my husband dubbed my new look "Frexy" - a curious blend of frumpy and sexy. Ha!

Can I please stop bleeding? Please? I mean, really...it's been a month.

Patience, darlings...we need to cultivate patience...blah, blah, blah...
Unread 11-18-2008, 08:49 AM

Vacation,
I'm still bleeding too. It's really the PITS isn't it. URGH. At least it's lighter than before.

I wonder if we're allowed to run. Won't our bladders drop? I just don't know.
Unread 11-18-2008, 09:07 AM

[quote=vacation1021]

Wearing jeans again would be nice. Although, my husband dubbed my new look "Frexy" - a curious blend of frumpy and sexy. Ha!
[quote]

Oh, give your husband a hug for me - "Frexy" earns SO many brownie points! I think I know what you mean, though. Caught my husband looking at me funny the other night - like he was thinking "bad" thoughts but disgusted with himslef for it, considering it's only been a few days post op.

I'm looking forward to having my bladder back! Not from surgery, but regaining it back from the huge fibroids that put pressure on the bladder. I work in a clean room (think lab tech with Tyvek jumpsuit, face mask, goggles, the whole thing), and I had the longest record for a single continous stay in the clean room - 7 hours at one job, and 8.5 hours at another. The week of my surgery, I had to degown after just 2 hours to go to the bathroom, regown, and then barely lasted another two hours before finishing the work! Doesn't sound like much, but that means you have to degown, go to the bathroom in another part of the building, and then re-gown all over again (shoe cover, bouffant cap, gloves, googles, face mask, hood, Tyvek jumpsuit, boot covers, another pair of gloves). It takes at least five minutes to gown in (usually ten minutes), almost as long to degown, and you have to do an "exit" routine and paperwork each time you degown, so having to go to the bathroom every 2 hours can make an extra 1/2 hour worth of work each time AND costs the company $100 each time you gown in. I'm looking forward to being able to do my job uninterupted by my bladder.

Looking forward to saving money - by not taking an industrial sized bottle of Advil a month!

Looking forward to wanting to having sex instead of feeling bloated and crampy for days on end while I'm not even having a period.

Katrina
Unread 11-18-2008, 09:09 AM

Oh, forgot - I miss sleeping on my stomach! A.K.A. a good night's sleep for me. I snore too much sleeping on my back, and that wakes me up!

Katrina
Unread 11-18-2008, 09:23 AM

I just want to take a bath! So tired of showers, it's just not the same. My butt is so chaffed I don't know what to do. My 8 year old daughter came in the bathroom on me yesterday and told me that my butt crack was gray! All I could do was laugh at her. Kids say the darnest things!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register