Yikes!! My surgery is tomorrw!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Yikes!! My surgery is tomorrw!! Yikes!! My surgery is tomorrw!!

Unread 08-16-2001, 05:32 PM
Yikes!! My surgery is tomorrw!!

The hospital just called to tell me that my TAH is a go for tomorrow!! I'm still feeling alot of conflict about whether this is the right thing for me. It's taken me two years to even reach the conclusion that I was tired of the pain, missed nights sleep, and not being able to be more than five minutes away from the bathroom for the first three days of my period. For the longest time I had a pyschological attachment to an organ that was making my life miserable. I've been surfing the web for a wile and all I read was horror stories about botched operations and poor sex lives after a hyst. I felt like I was the only one who thought that owning shares in the tampon market, and feeling like a piece of chop meat was bad. Gosh, was I ever gald I came across this site!

My husband is really supportive. My oldest daughter(14) can be good one minute and absolutely miserable the next. I couldn't believe that she asked me if she could go to camp with her girl friend starting the first day I get out of the hospital!! My surgery has been booked for months and this just came up yesterday. My son(8) is too interested in pokemon crystal version. Unfortunately, my 4 year old is taking the whole idea of me going away for acouple of days a little hard. She's become a regular cling on. Something totally new for the kid who yells down the stairs to bring her home something good every day that I go to work.

Whoops!! got to run. The pre-op prep my surgeon gave me to do is lovely. I get to do it at home and surgery is same day admission process. I just want to thank all the Hyster Sisters who have posted before me and who have, whether the know it or not, helped me get through these last couple of days. GTG.

Noel173
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-16-2001, 05:44 PM
I know how you feel

My surgery is tomorrow and I am so ready for it to be over with. I will not miss all the pain that I have every month, that is for sure. I am still a little nervous. I had to go to the hospital today and have blood drawn. They have to hurt you even the day before!! Go figure. I had a hard time explaining to my son(12) what was going to happen. I think that he was really scared for me and didn't want me to go. But things with him are better. I am sending my best wishes to you and for a speedy recovery!! Look forward to seeing you back on here for post-op!

Ann
Unread 08-16-2001, 06:02 PM

Hi,
My surgery is tomorrow too! Gotta admit, I'm a little nervous. I have only had one week to think about this. Went to the Gyno. last Thursday and here I am trying to come to grips with the fact that by this time tomorrow it'll be over. I'm not sure of the codes yet but I know I'm having an TAH with nothing left. So then it will be off to the land of Estro for me. I am thankful for this site, I have learned alot already. I know we'll all do fine. Blessings on you all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-16-2001, 06:10 PM
oops my response is in the wrong place

Hi guys some how my post ended up as a new thread so read the post that starts off Dear Noel and Ann ( but now I would like to include godsgirl in my post. you weren't there when I first responded) Best to all of you Jacqui
Unread 08-16-2001, 06:22 PM
me, too!

Yikes, my TAH/BSO is tomorrow, too! All the pre-op stuff is done except for the lovely Fleet enema (how the heck am I supposed to do that all by myself?!?!) and the Hibiclens douche tomorrow. My puncturing is scheduled for 9:30am...I'm starving already! (Been on clear liquids all day) My Dr. told me that I can't have solids until I pass gas...I will be anxiously awaiting THAT!!! Thanks to anyone who includes us in their prayers and warm thoughts! We can sure use them! Sue
Unread 08-16-2001, 06:22 PM

Good luck tomorrow!! I know what you mean about the conflict...I put my surgery off for years, too! But let me tell you, once that junk is out of your body you will not look back for a second!

I can't believe how much better I feel now...it's given me a whole new outlook. I feel healthy, strong, and like the "me" I forgot all about for so long! Just try to keep breathing, concentrate on YOU for a little while...the kids will be fine. The little one may need some extra TLC...maybe you can call from the hospital and talk to her a few times a day, and have your husband pick up a few little goodies to give her each night, "from mommy", so she feels special.

You'll do great...we'll all be here waiting to hear about it!!

Big hugs!!

Karen
Unread 08-16-2001, 06:26 PM

Hi Noel Welcome to Hyster Sisters. I'm so happy you've found us, just in time for an Hyster Sisters send-off to the castle

Noel: it is very normal for children of all ages to react differently at the thought of their parent having major surgery. My daughter turned 5 the day I came home from the castle and my son was 9 1/2. Their reactions were pretty much the same as that of your two youngest. On the bright sight, they raleyed wonderfully once I came home and were really helpful during my recovery. As for your 14 yo, it might just be her way of dealing with the situation.

Godsgirl, just so you know, you're having a TAH/BSO

Ladies, wishing all of you a peaceful stay at the castle. I know that it was really comforting for me to know that I was not alone: I had the thoughts, prayers and support of all my hyster sisters. You will too.

Looking forward to reading your stories.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register