Confussed/ in more ways than one! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Confussed/ in more ways than one! Confussed/ in more ways than one!

Unread 11-29-2008, 05:36 PM
Confussed/ in more ways than one!

Hi, I am new here and had a radical hyst on Nov. 7. I also had a cystocele repair (SPARK and tack) and was also supposed to have a rectocele repair but started hemmorraging during the cystocele repair and had to be closed up so they couldn't finish everything. This was done vaginally, but i still have 5 small incisions on my belly. I had to have three blood transfussions on the surgery day and the day after. Went home on Monday afternoon and had to be rushed to urologist on Wed morn because I couldn't pee. They drained 1600cc of urine which was immediate relief and sent me home with a cath. Had it removed on Friday and am now on my 3 weeks of recovery. I go for my post op on Monday. I am sooooooooo confussed. I was told from the beginning that the first two weeks would be rough, at best. I am 44 years old and as of today, feel like I am 94!!!!!!! I constantly shake to the point of looking like I am having seizures, and am freezing and so very weak and tired. I can't coordinated my thoughts with my speach and usually type very fast - I am having to literally type one letter at a time. I am having stabbing pains in my lower right side and - - - - -How can I be having cramps when there is nothing left to cramp!!!!!!!! Someone please help if you have had any of these probs. I am very healthy and was told that I would probably recover very easily, am I just being a baby? My family (5 children, 1 grandchild and my husband) are very supportive and won't let me do anything but I don't feel like even getting dressed because I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooo weak!? HELP PLEASE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-29-2008, 07:02 PM

Other than this I can't say too much. I hope that things get better in the coming days, and remember that your sisters are here 24/7

Unread 11-29-2008, 07:32 PM

Do you have a temperature and if you do get right to the hospital, you could have an infection or abscess? It sounds like you still have something going on inside that's not quite right. Can you go to urgency care tomorrow?

Maybe you're just still very week from all your complication you had in the hospital. I hope you start feeling better soon. REST, REST, REST
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-29-2008, 07:54 PM

Thanks for replying so fast - no - I don't have a temperature, that's the reason I haven't called my dr. But like I said, I have an appointment with both the gyn. and the urolo. on Monday - I just wasn't sure how much of this is normal and how much I need to question.
Unread 11-30-2008, 11:31 AM

Hi Bisrael

We don't have any baby's on this site - just amazing, strong women who have been through a huge ordeal.

I am really pleased that you are seeing Dr's tomorrow as I think it will give you some re-assurance even if they don't find anything actually wrong.

You have had a bit of a rough ride to say the least and it is no wonder that you are weak and tired. Your body is using a lot of energy to heal (& maybe fight of an infection, while trying to re-coup the blood it lost) and it doesn't have a lot left to do other things.

I didn't think that I was ever going to feel better or be able to straighten up again so you really are not alone :-)

Let us know how tomorrow goes

Hugs

Katy
Unread 12-01-2008, 12:47 AM

Please see a doctor. At my four week point I didn't have a fever but had chills and night sweats and thought I was losing my mind. All of a sudden I woke up with pus coming out of my stomach from a small hole. I thought it was just drainage and called my doctor. He told me to go to the ER, which I did immediatley. It ended up being an abcess. No one even told me what this would do. I had no isea what was happening. I spent four days in the hospital on IV antibiotics and they had to reopen the incision to clean everything out. I didn't have a fever which the doctors were surprised, so don't think you have to have one. Trust your body. I told my doctor a week and a half before this happened about the freezing and cold sweats and they assumed it was my hormones since they took out my ovaries and gave me patches to wear. To everyones amazement except mine of course, they just apologized and said it was strange I didb't have a fever. I thought I was losing my mind. I don't want to scare you, I just don't want to think that nothing will happen if you don't have a fever. Have them do a CAT scan. This will show in the early stages if you are having fluid accumulating. They had me convinced I was crazy. I am still receoveing today. I had a home nurse that was coming everyday to chnge the dressing but we are now down to once a week. Please take care of your self and watch your symtoms and definately talk to your doctor.
Unread 12-01-2008, 01:32 AM

I had a similar thing two weeks post op - shivers and night chills (had temp of 40ish) - I think I got to mine early enough as I just ended up on antibiotics. Two weeks later again back at the doctor with back ache - severe UTI (I didn't have a temperature either) and two more lots of antibiotics and now still having issues - can't wee properly, poo properly and still have a sore back and left side (stabbing pains) - off to the hospital for a scan tomorrow to investigate. I hope you got on well at your appointments today. I will cross my fingers for you.
Unread 12-01-2008, 02:09 AM

I have a buddy that had her surgery done vaginally... She ended up back in the hospital because they had accidentally sutured her ureter... Her kidney started swelling from the backed up urine... You might want them to check that out also...
Unread 12-01-2008, 05:53 AM

Thank you all sooooooo much for your words of wisdom and support. I will let you know the outcome of my appointments today.
Unread 12-01-2008, 12:50 PM

Thanks, I know it is sad to say but I am glad I am not alone. When was your surgery? Do you need pain meds for the pain? I hope everything turns out ok on your scan. Please let me know how you are. Thanks again and hang in there.....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register