Creative uses for pads or pantiliners? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Creative uses for pads or pantiliners? Creative uses for pads or pantiliners?

Unread 12-07-2008, 08:43 AM
Creative uses for pads or pantiliners?

I had a TVH in February. Does anyone have any creative ideas for what to do with extra pantiliners? Are they useful for anything around the house?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-07-2008, 10:10 AM

I don't have any creative ideas. If I can't give them away then I plan on disposing of them to the sound of drum rolls and trumpets :-)

After using them for 39 years I never want to see them again! Not for dusting, polishing, soaking up spills... nothing!!! I'm sick of the plastic wrapping, the little strips of paper you have to peel off and trying to hang on to all the bits before they fall on the toilet floor and then you have to pick them up! (especially in public toilets) I'm sick of trying to put them in sanitary disposal units without touching it or looking at the yucky bits on the lid ...ewwww! I'm sick of packing them in my suitcase for 'just in case' when we go on holidays... I could go on but I'd better not! :-)

Sorry I didn't answer your question but your post just reminded me how thrilled I'll be when I'm finally free of those things!

All the best to you!
Unread 12-07-2008, 10:27 AM

Not pantyliners but...the gym teacher I work with brought me in a cupcake on my last day at work...tampon shoved in the middle, string up and cut, she lit it like a candle. The principal came down to talk to me and witnessed the scene...any idea how much fun it is to get in trouble by the prinicpal when you are an adult?!? LOL it was worth it just to see him get that upset about a lighter in the school! I suppose we should have known better *rolls eyes*

My soapbox rant now....and I have said this several times before...please, please, please consider donating your leftovers to your local school or women's emergency center. There are some girls in dire straights when it comes to these products because their families cannot afford them. Even half a dozen pantyliners can make a huge difference to a little girl. I know that some schools have a supply but you would be amazed at the number of schools that do not supply products for their girls. OK...jumping off my soapbox now!

Have fun with whatever you decide to do with them LOL!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-07-2008, 10:52 AM

I agree. I am a teacher at a K-8 school, and gave my leftover pads (not the tampons) to my nurse for the middle school students. I guess the nurse is not allowed to hand out tampons, so a women's shelter is a great idea. Ironically, I still have a partial box of tampons in my closet at school. Occasionally a teacher in the hall will come by and ask for one. HA!
Kim
LSH 6/27/07
Unread 12-23-2008, 06:48 PM

I brought mine into work and gave them to the girls. I've seen people make tampon angels that are actually pretty tree ornaments if you don't know what they are...lol...the panty liners are the wings.
Unread 12-24-2008, 06:10 AM

Is it possible to post a picture on here? If someone can tell me how, I have a HYSTERICAL picture to post of a new use for pads...and yes, the pic is 'G' rated!

If I can't post a pic and you want to see it, send me a pm with your email addy and I will send it to you. It had me in TEARS I laughed so hard!!!
Unread 12-25-2008, 05:07 PM

We had a white elephant style gift exchange at work yesterday, and one of the girls made another girl a pair of slippers using pads. One set for the soles, and another wrapped around the "toe" area.

We all laughed and laughed!

Not very helpful from a practical standpoint, but it might be theraputic to stomp those pads into the ground, both literally and metaphorically speaking.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register