I am a Special Ed. teacher bored out of my mind - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I am a Special Ed. teacher bored out of my mind I am a Special Ed. teacher bored out of my mind

Unread 12-10-2008, 05:10 PM
I am a Special Ed. teacher bored out of my mind

My ex husband used to say "just don't focus on it" or endometriosis is just "in your head". I am thankful for my boyfriend who has been amazing.

bad moods...do you feel they will or have improved since your surgery. I feel like "bad moods" would doom me for life. I have had a few moments of good moods and beginning to be hopeful
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-10-2008, 05:15 PM

Aren't men just precious when it comes to female issues? I could go on for years about the crap my ex-husband put me through, and that's just about feminine issues LOL!

Sadly, since surgery my moods seem to be worse. I am hoping it is just all the drugs filtering slowly out of my body. I seem to have a very short fuse but then get over it quickly. I feel sorry for the cashier yesterday that lost my raincheck LOL. I intend on asking my surgeon when I go in for my 4 week post-op check.
Unread 12-10-2008, 05:17 PM

I look forward to checking in here tomorrow. I am signing off for now BF due home soon and going to help me get clean for the day.

Rest well sisters!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-10-2008, 05:32 PM

Hi, I'm the Director of Special ed. (taught spec. ed for 12 years before that)and I've been threatening my husband that I can't stand it and I have to go back to work! He suggested I might want to wait until I can walk across the floor without holding my stomach. I check my email 3-4 times a day and talk to different teachers or my secretary at least twice a day. Some of the kids are having a hard time due to the holidays coming up. The economy and Christmas are creating a lot of stress on families. I wasn't going to go back until Jan. 5 but I don't think I can wait that long.
Unread 12-10-2008, 06:10 PM

Ladybug,
I was wondering about the ovary thing too. I kept an ovary and am 3 weeks post op and am just wondering about PMS symptoms, etc. I felt like I was ovulating the last day or so. I have always had sharp pains when I ovulate. I get extremly....well........"witchy" for a few days as well, but haven't had that yet! Family is glad of that! LOL

Oh also, we have (DCS) on speed dial here too, but what good it does, who knows. It saddens me that not only are these children not cared for at home, society doesn't seem to care either........other than some wonderful teachers who feel helpless and hopeless and do their best to teach, nurture, discipline, feed, clothe, .....should I go on??? All we can do is pray for them!!!!
Unread 12-10-2008, 06:53 PM

(((Sisters))), it's great that you've found common interests and can develop your friendships here in the Friends Without Faces forum of HysterSisters.

Any questions, concerns or support needs that you have about your surgery, recovery and related issues should be taken to the Post-Op Hysterectomy Support message board where you can start a new thread to get support from those who can relate.

Please feel welcome to continue to share non-hysterectomy support here in Friends Without Faces and we'll look for your new threads in Post-Op for concerns related to surgery and recovery.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation!

Unread 12-11-2008, 12:45 PM

Hey lady bug did you get to go to your school today?
Unread 12-11-2008, 12:48 PM

swe123 that was a funny image I got from you husband's comment. I pictured myself walking through my classroom holding my stomach when I walk...that is funny!!! Yeah I agree with him you should probably wait.

My best friend is the SPed Coord. at our school. My surgery came just after our state's census so hopefully everything has calmed down
Unread 12-11-2008, 12:57 PM

No, not today. Tomorrow!!! YAY!!!!!!!

I have been emailing and organizing and making phone calls all day just to get ready for tomorrow! I cannot wait!!!
Unread 12-11-2008, 01:03 PM

I am excited for you. My BF is getting off early to take me to my staff christmas party. I am trying to stay rested all day so that I can make it. I can't wait to see everyone though. Although I hope it isnt overwhelming.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register