OK, there's been a thread about body odor, but can we talk body hair? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

OK, there's been a thread about body odor, but can we talk body hair? OK, there's been a thread about body odor, but can we talk body hair?

Unread 12-14-2008, 01:31 AM
OK, there's been a thread about body odor, but can we talk body hair?

My hair, no matter where it is, is freaking and doing it's own thing! I'm literally pulling chunks from my head, but I have thick, curly hair so not a big deal. Then I realized my leg and pubic hair is growing like it's being fed miracle grow. And it's growing thick and dark(not normal) and then the arm pits! I used to have to shave every two days at least and it would be dark and hard. I haven't shaved since right after surgery(7 weeks) and I hardly have any hair and it's soft and reddish blonde! What's going on?!!! Anybody else experiencing these things and willing to admit it!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-14-2008, 01:59 AM

Don't take this the wrong way but for God's sake have a shave girl!
Unread 12-14-2008, 02:06 AM

LOL at miracle grow!! Ive noticed my hair is growing FAST and it has turned almost black in the arm pits and on my legs and it used to be very light brown. I even found a black long black hair growing on my neck right under my chin I plucked immediately. And I swear it grew out overnight I know I would have noticed it. I just hope I dont start growing a moustache...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-14-2008, 09:47 AM

I'm just checking. Hang on a second... OMG, me too. Pit hair is decreasing and I could knit my leg hair but there is less of it. How wierd is that? I don't usually shave my legs in the winter cause who is going to know anyways? But maybe I'll do my legs today and see what is really going on there.

I usually do a chin check before leaving the house, but those suckers are wierd. They pop up overnight. At least they are not sprouting up on my nose.
Unread 12-14-2008, 10:59 AM

Hahaha, you guys are funny! Do all of you have your ovaries, or are you on HRT? That can cause crazy hair growth, or a lack of it....

I still have my ovaries and I don't have any change in my hair growth, color or amount of it. Maybe it's the hormones doing this for you??
Unread 12-14-2008, 12:04 PM

HRT for me. And, gasp, I might actually say that I am way more stable mood-wise. And no PMS, no periods and at last - no pain.
Unread 12-14-2008, 02:04 PM

I have not shaved my legs since June (no hair), pits, same thing, and where I was shaved for surgery, hair hasn't grown back. BUT, I am plucking hair out of my chin at least 2 times a day, ( pluck at 9:00 am, and truly, its back by 4) what's with that.
Unread 12-14-2008, 02:22 PM

So glad I'm not alone and so grateful that I have a place to ask these questions and get REAL answers!!!!
Unread 12-14-2008, 02:40 PM

Hmmmmmm, I still seem to have hair everywhere & still need to wax every 6 weeks. Would quite like it to stop growing so that I can save some money!

And I have a pesky hair on my chin that I have had to luck out several times already :-(
Unread 12-14-2008, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willow74
Hahaha, you guys are funny! Do all of you have your ovaries, or are you on HRT? That can cause crazy hair growth, or a lack of it....

I still have my ovaries and I don't have any change in my hair growth, color or amount of it. Maybe it's the hormones doing this for you??

Im not on any hormones..yet.. and I have one ovary but I think it took a leave of absence. Hope it comes back

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register