Post-op Lymphatic fluid flood from Vagina | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Post-op Lymphatic fluid flood from Vagina Post-op Lymphatic fluid flood from Vagina

Unread 12-17-2008, 02:58 PM
Post-op Lymphatic fluid flood from Vagina

Just had my surgery (daVinci) 12/4; complete removal of the uterus, cervix, ovaries, tubes and 21 lymph nodes. This AM, when I got off the toilet, I seemed to keep urinating, with fluid streaming down my legs. Anytime I get up or sit down, the flood starts again and on the toilet, fuggedaboutit!. The doc believes this is lymphatic fluid. Anyone else experience this? What kinds of pads work - most maxis last about an hour? How long does it last? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-17-2008, 03:09 PM

Maybe try the incontence stuff til it eases? I know they are more asborant? spelling sorry. I know the buying factor is embarassing tho.
Unread 12-17-2008, 03:15 PM

Thanks! It's more embarassing to puddle than to buy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-18-2008, 10:28 AM

I'm sorry this is happening to you & hope it improves soon. I had very bad stress urinary incontinence and found Poise Pads worked the best for me. They hold a lot!

to you,
Beth
Unread 12-20-2008, 05:34 AM

Thanks so much! They work like a charm.
Unread 12-20-2008, 06:35 AM

Unread 12-21-2008, 06:50 PM

Been through that, too! It took just under a week for the flow to stop for me. By the time I got to see my gyn/onc, there wasn't enough fluid to check for creatinin, just in case of a bladder leak...... Wendy
Unread 12-21-2008, 10:12 PM

Hi! I can't believe it. This happened to me, too, and I'm still perplexed. I leaked profusely for about two and a half weeks. It has tapered off and stopped now - or my vaginal cuff sealed itself and I'll begin filling up with fluid. It was definitely not urine, but the doctor would or could not tell me exactly what it was: lymphatic fluid or other bodily fluid. He says if I fill up with fluid we will do a scan and a radiologist will scar off the area to stop the leak. It was the dangedest thing. I went through Poise pads, rolls of paper towels, and loads of laundry. I had a radical hysterectomy 11/20 with 6 lymph nodes out. Please keep posting especially if your doctor comes to any conclusions. I'm dissatisfied with my doctor and how this situation is not being handled. Bella Rose
Unread 12-28-2008, 03:39 AM

My doc has seen this once before and went thru a slew of tests with that patient before concluding it was lymphatic fluid. I was luckier than you have been - mine quit after 4 days. The good news is, so long as it's flowing out, we're not getting lymphedema!

I ended up back in the hospital, however, on Christmas Day with a 103 degree fever and elevated white blood count. Just got home last night. I'm feeling better, but now have sciatica in my right leg, that's driving me crazy. Oh well...
Unread 12-28-2008, 12:23 PM

My doctor said this is rare, but he has been negligent in dealing with the problem due to his busy surgical schedule. He told me that I may have stopped leaking either because the hole in my vagina through which the fluid leaked closed up and I'm leaking into my abdomen or my body corrected the situation. If I fill up with fluid, like I mentioned, a radiologist will scar off the area of the leak. My doctor never tested any of the fluid, though, to find out WHAT it is, only what it is not, and it was not urine. I am still not leaking and I am slowly losing weight post-op, so I'm going to hope all is well; I assume I'd be gaining weight instead if I were leaking internally. It would have been nice to know with certainty what the issue was. How much were you leaking? Did you have an infection on Christmas day? It's funny, the day after Christmas I was freezing and couldn't get warm, my head was pounding, and my fever hit 102 degrees. I drank some of my kids' Motrin before bed and the next day it was as if nothing ever happened. In fact, I'm dancing as I clean the house today. Maybe you have sciatica from laying down healing - ironic how it can work out sometimes. I hope you feel better and are able to enjoy the New Year.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register