Doctor's appt this afternoon | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Doctor's appt this afternoon Doctor's appt this afternoon

Unread 12-17-2008, 11:24 PM
Doctor's appt this afternoon

Well I go to meet with the new surgeon this afternoon. I can't wait to talk to him and see what his plans are. He has been doing lots of training with adhesions and the use of barriers so I feel really excited to see what he has to say. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we can somehow fit things in before the end of the year, to help with ins, but I know thats really pushing it. I will be sure to update this evening as to how everything went.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-18-2008, 06:35 PM

Here we go with the test again. I am scheduled to have a colonoscopy done on Monday morning. He said because of the amount of work that had been done to remove adhesions on my bowels he would not do surgery without one. Yippee, not. But he does seem to be very good and just wants to check everything. So it doesn't look like I will be able to squeeze this surgery in before the new year. Oh well, I can always set up a payment plan. He did talk to me some about the upcoming surgery. He said that he will be using an "ultrasound knife" (sorry I don't remember the name). He said it works much better on adhesions. Also once he is done he said that he will take the barrier and spray my insides so that everything is coated. He will give me my followup appt time after the test so guess I will know more Monday. Has anyone had a colonoscopy? What should I expect. I am on clear liquids all day Sunday and I start taking my bowel prep (which just sounds like its going to be a load of fun!) at 12 noon Sun.
Unread 12-18-2008, 07:42 PM

Hi Jessie Colonoscopies are a piece of , except for the prep. You probably won't even have any memory of the actual test. One minute they hook you up to the IV, and the next minute you're sitting up in a chair and they're asking you if you want to go home!

s,
-Linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-19-2008, 11:16 AM

What Suferbabe said, you will not even remember the colonoscopy. It is the prep that sucks. I'm hoping everything goes well for you.
Unread 12-19-2008, 01:43 PM

Jessie,
I've had several colonscopies. Most times I didn't remember a thing. I was out like a light, before I knew it we were driving home. The prep was the hardest part of the test for me. The last time I had the test, they shrunk how much of the yucky stuff I had to drink the night before. Instead of a gallon, I only had to do a half gallon.

Hope all goes well for you.
Unread 12-19-2008, 09:14 PM

Jessie,

I too had to have my first colonoscopy before my recent laparotomy. Because of the involvement of my colon my gyn wanted to make sure there weren't any other problems going on and wanted things clean in case there was any injury to the colon itself. Honestly, the whole thing was a breeze to me. I'd heard all these stories, and it's really just not that bad. You run to the bathroom constantly for several hours and that's it. The very worst part for me was the feeling weak the morning of the test. No food for a solid 24 hours does not put you in a good mood; the test itself is just like surferbabe said, out you go and awake you are! The best part is that the sedation wears off immediately! At least it feels like it does; not like general anesthesia where you are groggy for days. You'll be fine!
Unread 12-22-2008, 06:34 PM

* Thank you all sooo much for your replies.* You were all right.* Yesterday was the worst.* Luckily they now have pills so I didn't have to drink anything, however I did spend the whole day in the bathroom.* * He said that everything looks good so we will go ahead with the lap to clean up any adhesions.* He said that his office would either call with surgery date next week or the next, but the surgery will be in Jan.* I'm really not looking forward to it but I'm hoping taht he is able to find what is causing me all the pain. Again thanks for all the kind words of encouragement!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register