First outing, one week post-LSH- a bit dicey. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

First outing, one week post-LSH- a bit dicey. First outing, one week post-LSH- a bit dicey.

Unread 12-24-2008, 11:10 AM
First outing, one week post-LSH- a bit dicey.

Last night DH went for drinks with some friends and wisely left the car in town, deciding to walk home. Well, I don't know if it's the pain meds or what, but I have been sleeping like crap, so I woke up pretty early and felt pretty energetic... cabin fever was definitely set in deep. So, I decided to make a little journey to town and walk to our car. It is about 1 mile, downhill, to town.

So, I set out, with some packages for the post office in hand and snow falling all around me. By about half way I was thinking, wow... it is going to be nice to drive home. I'm SORE. Well, then my brilliant self gets downtown and realizes... I did not ask DH where he parked. Mind you, it's a very small town with only a few overnight parking areas, but still. So dumb. He was still sleeping when I left.

So, I walk all the way to the post office (about 1.5 miles), mail my stuff, and then realize in a panic I don't have my cell. How dumb am I?!?! So the lovely post office clerk let me use their phone to call home and ask where the car is. I get our answering machine and tell DH I'm going to get a hot chocolate at the bakery and check one more lot, then if I can't find it I'm walking home.

My legs were really sore in the bakery, my tummy not so much. As I sat there, I actually thought I'd just walk home, because I didn't want to go out of the way to check any more lots. Well wouldn't you know, I ended up walking right past a lot I had forgotten all about, and there was our glorious car!!

I have never been so happy to brush snow off a cold car in my life! All told, I think I may have done about 2 miles of walking on a snowy, slippery day. Probably too much for one week after surgery, but I am cozy on the couch now and taking it easy for the rest of the day!

I definitely see a nap in my future. Hope this cautionary tale reminds you all to TAKE IT EASY!!

Merry Christmas to all who celebrate that...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-25-2008, 05:33 PM

Oh my goodness - that was quite an adventure! I hope I'm feeling that much energy and gumption one week out!! LOL!
Unread 12-25-2008, 07:49 PM

Hi LucilleClifton,

I agree with Zumm...quite an adventure!!

~Best wishes with your LSH recovery

Mary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-25-2008, 09:00 PM

I did pay the price. Today I've been having shooting pains that seem to be radiating out of my cervix, and my incisions are pretty sore too. (That was also from laughing so much with family on Christmas eve though!)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register