Don't want my results | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Endometriosis Support

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Don't want my results Don't want my results

Unread 12-26-2008, 01:23 PM
Don't want my results

Well, i had my CT Scan and the doc office has been calling me to discuss the results. I have been putting them off because im so fed up. I still have refused to get my blood work. My weight is becoming the biggest issue for me right now. I remember when i use to say i was gaining weight and people would say "your crazy and tiny, what are you talking about." Now they say, that's what happens after hyster and maybe you should try this or try that. UGH I'M SO FRUSTRATED!! I don't know if i should bother with my results and continue my blood work. I hate this weight i have put on and i'm sick of taking hormone pills. What should I do??? My Gyno just won't help!! Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-26-2008, 01:50 PM
Don't want my results

Call the doc for your CAT scan results, go get your blood work done so you can get the hormone stuff under-control. You'll feel better when your not hiding from the docs office! Do the best you can about your weight an hopefully it will begin to balance out. Your 6 months post-op body is healing and refining itself. Hang in there And remember very few people say anything you want to hear when it comes to our weight and body image.
Unread 12-29-2008, 10:55 AM
Ct Scan

I did call about my CT Scan and they will not give me the results over the phone. They said i had to come in for a follow up. I'm getting angry, because i just keep thinking that they just want to charge me more money when they could just give me the results. I'm frustrated and scared at the same time. I'm worried that they might of found something. I was suppose to get blood work done, but have procrastinated doing that. I did change my primary doctor today though. I have an appointment with him next week. He had already told me that he thought that i was on to high of hormone therapy. Oh well we will see. I know i need to take care of this, its just getting so old.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-29-2008, 01:44 PM
Don't want my results

See if you can leave a message for the doc to call you regarding another issue and while he is on the phone with your chart, maybe he will give you a briefing of the CAT Scan results. Or, have the report sent to the new primary care so you can talk about it next week.
I personally wait a few weeks and request a copy of reports directly from the radiology office. Having a comprehensive folder of information is helpful.
Do you have to go to a lab for blood work? I hate that.
Hang in there.
Unread 12-30-2008, 06:50 AM
Don't want my results

That sounds like a good idea. Yeah, i have to go to the lab for blood work. The worst part is that i cant have my coffee in the morning, before i go which really stinks!! I depend on that lol. THANKS FOR THE ADVISE!!
Ronda
Unread 12-30-2008, 07:36 AM
Don't want my results

I hear you on that. I hate going to the lab. I feel like I'm in a petri dish. (gross)
Our lab now has computer appointments. I booked my son one morning 15 minutes before we left, so when we got there we had priority. He had to go monthly for fasting blood work for 6 months. That was a feat for a hungry sleepy 14 year old.
In fact one morning we were up at crack of dawn to get to the lab before school and work. We walking into the building and I look at my son, he is chewing! He found a granola bar in his pocket and ate it without thinking. Needless to say we went back another day.
Moral of the story keep plugging along, eventually you'll make progress
Have a great day
Unread 01-02-2009, 06:18 AM
Don't want my results

Well, i still haven't done anything about my results. I have been so busy at work and just life in general. I know that an excuse. Guess i'm still just scared. Hope you had a great New Year!!! Ronda
Unread 01-02-2009, 06:45 AM
Don't want my results

Ronda, I'm sorry you are scared. I wish I could say something to take the fear away with out making it trivial. But, keep in mind knowledge is power. The expression "what we don't know can't hurt us" is a little false.
You may very well be worrying over something that you needn't be.
Why don't we say you will plan on going for your tests Monday the 5th. That is the day of my surgery and I too am afraid of the unknown.
We can mentally hold each others hand.

Wishing you a happy and healthy 2009
Unread 01-02-2009, 06:25 PM
Don't want my results

Thank you so much for the kind words. That really made me feel really good!! Good Luck and keep me posted on your surgery!! I wish you the best. Ronda

Oh and i will get them on Monday. THANKS A BUNCH, IM SO GLAD I FOUND THIS PLACE!!!!
Unread 01-06-2009, 01:32 PM
Don't want my results

Well, i finally got my CT Scan result. I was so PI'T!! I called and the nurse said to make a follow up. I informed her that i wanted my results given to me over the phone, end of freaken story. So, the doctor called me back and informed me that i have a problem with my gallbladder. I was so mad and can't believe that they would not inform me sooner. He say's that the walls have thicken. I asked him what this meant and all he could say was "well you were complaining of abdominal pain not gallbladder pain" What an idiot!! Da, i wanted to jump through the phone and ring his neck. So, now he says, well, my office will be calling you for a follow up. What a joke!! I have an appointment with my new primary doctor on Wednesday, but i spoke with him today and he was not happy. He is ordering test right away. He said that the hormones could of caused it!!! That's just great!! Now what the H'LL do i do. I'm so frustrated!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register