Find the funny things after surgery | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Find the funny things after surgery Find the funny things after surgery

Unread 12-31-2008, 11:55 PM
Find the funny things after surgery

I find it funny that this is one place you can come a chat about BM's, passing gas (aka: farting) and the ability to pee freely and get applauded when you suceed.
We may all be in a bit of pain and share some concerns but if we find things to giggle about, it won't all seem that bad!
Share your funny stories to make others smile!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-01-2009, 12:39 AM

My DH was soooo thrilled to see me looking so good the day following surgery that he flopped down on my bed. OUCH!

I can handle this I thought, but he just couldn't stay still. DOUBLE OUCH!

So I told him to get off the bed & sit on the chair. But he wanted to be as close as he could be so he moved the chair as close to the bed as he could. When he sat down the chair bashed in to the bed. TRIPLE OUCH!

He did say that we would laugh about this in the future and we do now, but at the time I thought I was going to die :-)

He really was more of a pain than a puppy that day.
Unread 01-01-2009, 02:06 AM
My Gyno dr said to me...............................

My Gyno Dr said to me at my post-op check............. ......

WELL, you wont be needing any more Pap-Smears, I've taken out your cervix===Thats ya Xmas Present!! :smilie5:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-01-2009, 06:24 AM

My DD couldn't remember the name of my surgery (elementary student) and she told her teacher that "Mommy is getting snorfled!" Just 2 months earlier we had our puppy snorfled so she knew all about that..... Too funny!
Unread 01-01-2009, 07:12 AM

My DD called my uterus my "universe"
Unread 01-01-2009, 07:44 AM

I only had to stay in the hospital one night, and my DH stayed with me to make sure that if I needed anything he could get it. When I had to go to the bathroom he wanted to help me with the IV so he would always be right there. Well for some reason I had to go almost hourly. So while hubby was sleeping I would start moving the bed, and hubby would junp up....hourly. Poor fellow, he was so sweet and didn't want me going by myself. We still laugh how hourly he would hear the hum of the bed moving, and up he'd go.
Unread 01-01-2009, 08:23 AM

I was in recovery for a long time because my heart rate was too high. I am very small, only 95 pounds. At one point one of the doctors said to another, "you know how little things have faster heart rates"? I don't think that she knew that I heard her comparing me to bunny rabbits and squirrels, but it made me laugh inside.
Unread 01-01-2009, 08:37 AM

When my doctor was doing my pap in october she was down there doing her thing and she exclaims "that is so cute" up pops my head then up pops her head. She was talking about the butterfly tatoo on my ankle. lol. not what it sounded like though.

When she came into the room 2 weeks later to give me my diagnosis of fibroids she told me I had fireballs in my eucharist. lol. She did her residency at Eastern Tennesee University and they called them fireballs.

After my surgery this past week. After i had been taken to my room I was calling the post op nurse the "mean cough nazi" she made me cough everytime she came in the room. I didn't realize though that I was calling her that to her face. I thought I was only talking to my DD's and DH. Blame it on the morphine. lol
Unread 01-01-2009, 08:48 AM

I've been with my husband for more than 20 years and I really don't every notice whether guys are good-looking or not.

But before my surgery, my anesthesiologist came in to talk to me. He was an incredibly hot-looking guy who looked like he might be a few years younger than me. As I was sucking in my stomach beneath the extra-large hospital gown, all I could think was, "Thank goodness he'll be up at my head end during the surgery since the business end won't be looking too good for a while!"
Unread 01-01-2009, 10:00 AM

When they brought me up to my room after recovery, the orderly and nurse asked me to scoot over to the hospital bed from the gurney. I looked up at them and said "Are you guys nuts, I'll stay right here." My DH was in the hall way cracking up with laughter.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register