Natural HRT herbs | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Natural Meno Post Hysterectomy - Kept Ovaries

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Natural HRT herbs Natural HRT herbs

Unread 01-05-2009, 10:38 AM
Natural HRT herbs

I have 1 ovary left and have had an ablation, I was perimenopausal last year and still have bouts of hot flashes, night sweats ...ummm slight crabbiness lol and insomnia. I do not take anything other than my blood pressure med.

Does anyone know if evening primrose is better than black cohosh for these symptoms?

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-05-2009, 12:01 PM
Natural HRT herbs

I have tried the evening primrose and did not see any relief from symptoms. Here is a link on evening primrose and what we know about it:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/eve...tient-Primrose

I have found some relief from black cohosh when I tried it , but very minimum.

s
Unread 01-12-2009, 12:25 PM
Natural HRT herbs

I picked up a package of estroven to try, the nightsweats and sleepless night are really getting to me. It has black cohosh in it, so I am going to give it a try. Hopefully it will help, If not I will try the primrose.Thanks for the link.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-14-2009, 07:33 PM
Natural HRT herbs

Hi

I also have high blood pressure and, for that reason, my doctor has been unwilling to prescribe HRT. As I'm in perimenopause and am starting to have rather severe symptoms that are affecting my quality of life, I finally caved in, last year, and asked my pharmacist if there was a natural product that worked.

While she's not menopausal herself, she did say that she'd noticed that women kept coming back for Estro-Logic. She also said that there was no contra-indication for high blood pressure. So, I decided to try it and it does work It does contain Black Cohosh as well as other ingredients, such as Vervaine to help calm the nerves and something to boost energy and to promote effective digestion.

One thing to keep in mind: because you have high blood pressure, do check with a health professional before investing in a new product, just to ensure that you are not jeopardizing your health.
Unread 01-14-2009, 07:42 PM
Natural HRT herbs

thanks for the info I have never heard of that product, But I will keep it in mind. I am on my fourth day of estroven max strength, and so far so good, I know it says to take it for a month and then you should feel a change but I feel it now, ( or maybe it is mind over matter) The night sweats/ hot flashes are so much better,and my mood is maybe 1% better. I also do take fish oil and calcium. Maybe I have a good combo???

My Dr is into herbal /natural stuff so she is fine with this. But I want to hear about these things from the people who have used them. And have first hand knowledge of them.

I have been a lurker here for a long time and am glad I finally posted.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register