Bloated belly | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bloated belly Bloated belly

Unread 01-09-2009, 12:48 PM
Bloated belly

I am 5 weeks out from my LAVH and my bloating has gotten to the point that I can't wear my jeans anymore without extreme pain and pressure in my belly. It is much worse at the end of the day. I am living in my sweat pants lately! My underwear is leaving marks and getting uncomfortable also...headed to find something more comfortable tonight.

I know I will deal with bloating afterwards, but should it be this bad before hand?

Also, I'm exhausted all the time. By noon at work, I'm ready to go home and have a nap. I'm not motivated to do anything at home either. I hate feeling this crappy and can't wait until my surgery is over and I hopefully feel better!
I feel hopeful after reading so many posts on here about feeling so much better afterwards...I hope I'm one of the lucky ones
Thanks,
Steph
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-09-2009, 01:24 PM
Bloated belly

Are you overdoing it at work? I find that if I do too much stretching or twisting I still get swelling.

As for the exhaustion, I think we have to deal with if for quite some time. I am 10 weeks post op and some days I can barely get through dinner.

Your body is telling you to rest.

Good luck
Unread 01-09-2009, 01:42 PM
Bloated belly

I am 9 weeks out & get the swell belly every day still too. If I do more it gets bigger. If I take it pretty easy it is not as bad but still there. I have been told it can take 6 months to a year for this to go away all the way. I stay in my PJ's so it's not a big problem for me. Maybe the other girls can tell you what they do cloths wise. I think I would have to buy some new cloths at this point? Best wishes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-09-2009, 01:45 PM
Bloated belly

Thanks for the replies!
I am still pre-op. I have a desk job, so I don't overdo it at work. Maybe I should cut back on working out. I am going 3-4 times a week. I figure the better shape I'm in before will help my recovery afterwards?
Unread 01-09-2009, 01:57 PM
Bloated belly

Hi Steph

I am not sure why you are having your hysterectomy but f you haven't mentioned this bloating to your Gyn or it has got significantly worse I would be giving them a call to discuss it.

Hugs

Katy
Unread 01-09-2009, 02:01 PM
Bloated belly

Sorry I read the post as you were post op. If it is before your operation maybe they should look & see why you are swelling so much? I would discuss it with the doctor also.
Unread 01-09-2009, 03:41 PM
Bloated belly

I tried to call them today, but they close early on Fridays. I will certainly call on Monday. It has been somewhat bloated over the past six months, but much more so the last 2-3 weeks.
Thanks everyone!
Unread 01-09-2009, 03:45 PM
Bloated belly

Hi Steph, I had the same problem before my surgery. Between enlarge uterus, fibroids and painful cramps and periods it just exhausted me. I was uncomfortable and boated all the time, and then the stress of the waiting game didn't help either. I'm not sure if your doctor can do anything to help you or not, but it wouldn't hurt to give them a call. I also was taking percocet for the pain, so that didn't help much for the fatigue. You will feel so much better after your surgery. The real struggle is getting through each day until then. I had to force myself to do my shopping and super clean my house to get ready for my castle date. That wasn't easy, because I just didn't have the energy. It will be worth the wait, you'll be pain free, and it will happen soon. hang in there
Unread 01-09-2009, 05:00 PM
Bloated belly

I'm sorry tpd2064, I miss read your message. I thought you were 5 weeks post surgery.

Hang in there these five weeks will zip by. Wishing you all the best with your surgery and a healthy and speedy recovery.
Unread 01-09-2009, 09:33 PM
Bloated belly

Hey Steph,

I was somewhat glad to read your post. I have 2 fibroids and my uterus is 15-week size. My stomach seems to get bigger every day. Like you, at the end of the day is the worst. I had lost weight at the beginning of the year so this growth has occurred in the past 6 months or so. I can't wear anything comfortably. I work in an office too. I was worried that my stomach "bloating" was nothing more than me gaining weight but I have now read a few posts with people who have bloating.

I don't have a surgery date yet. I haven't officially decided on hysterectomy. Personally I feel this is what I want but feel a bit guilty about it. My kids are grown I just feel like I am overreacting?

I also have horrible, horrible gas. It's just awful.

I wish you all the best with your surgery. I think it will be 2-3 months before I can affort to take the time off to have mine. Just a lot of other things going on. I hope I can hang in that long.

all the best, Di.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register