Pain increasing post-op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pain increasing post-op Pain increasing post-op

Unread 01-12-2009, 10:00 PM
Pain increasing post-op

I had a LAVH and I am almost 12 weeks post-op. The pain between my right ribs and belly button is steadily increasing. The GYN (at 9 weeks) said it was common to have pain under the rib, because that is the port where the daVinci arm did most of the moving in and out. But, I would expect the pain to decrease instead of increase with time. I ache there constantly and feel like I have a giant sand spur that jabs me when I move, sneeze, or breathe too deep. That pain alternates with feeling like someone is grabbing me from the inside with a pair of pliers and pinching hard. Some days it swells up to the size of a lemon and I am spending more time with a heating pad now then I did right after surgery. Anyone else ever experience anything like this? I am not supposed to see the GYN again for a year.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-13-2009, 07:39 AM
Pain increasing post-op

Hi fla09sis and

it sounds like you are experiencing lots of discomfort and pain, definately I would see your doctor as soon as was possible and see what he thinks it might be and to help you with your pain if your gyn does not help you, go and see your regular doctor, but get answers and start feeling better already a big hug to you and lots of blessings being sent....
Unread 01-14-2009, 04:25 AM
Pain increasing post-op

Have a great GYN, but solution to everything is "time". Problem is, no one can define "time"! Guess I will give it a little longer....Thanks for the support
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-14-2009, 10:01 PM
Pain increasing post-op

Hello and welcome!

While I am no doctor, 3-4mos out and having your pain and the swelling seems weird to me. Perhaps you can request a CT scan or something? I, myself, would want an explanation of what was going on, even if it was just a matter of time.

CC
Unread 01-15-2009, 08:27 PM
Pain increasing post-op

If it doesn't improve soon, I will call and try to talk to a nurse at the office, or contact the local ARNP I use (GYN is 1 and 1/2 hours away). I hate to sound like a "worry wart", but something just feels "wrong"...hard to explain. Hope you are doing well. See by the date that your surgery was recent. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register