Educators Unite - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Educators Unite Educators Unite

Unread 01-16-2009, 01:56 PM
Educators Unite

WOW....you seem like you are doing really well. Have a wonderful weekend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-16-2009, 03:21 PM
Educators Unite

Hearing how many of you went back to work at 3 and 4 weeks makes me feel wimpy! I had so many sick and annual days saved up over the years that I felt this was the time to take them. However, I don't want my fellow administrator to read this blog and see how tough all of you are!

I saw my doctor yesterday and he said all was healing well. He asked if I wanted to go back any earlier and I said that I thought I would like to go back at 5 weeks. He gave me permission but only for half days the first week and 'light duty'. He said no lifting or restraining middle schoolers for me.!!! We are hosting the county basketball tournament each night that week, so I now the P I work with will be very glad to have me there. Trying to only do half days will be the hard part when it would normally be a 7:00 am to 10:00 pm day!

We ended up with a four day weekend. The weather was so cold for TN that most of the middle area counties called off school. First time for that since I have been here (16 years). Good for the kids' bodies but writing assessments are just around the corner...
Unread 01-16-2009, 03:37 PM
Educators Unite

Quote:
Originally Posted by principal1
I bet there is a wave of hysters in December each year as educators time their lives with winter break. I had put mine off since last July.....did others do the same?
I also scheduled my surgery for the winter break. My doctor wanted me to have it back in September, but it was just easier for me to wait. It made it were Im only going to miss 4 weeks of work instead of 6 and my husband was off for the holiday so he was able to be at home with me and take care of the kids. It was wonderful to have him by my side when I needed it the most.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-16-2009, 03:46 PM
Educators Unite

Seger4me - I don't think you are wimpy!!!! I think our bodies just heal at different rates. My sister had a hyst and had to take off for 6 weeks. She is no wimp, she just wasn't ready to go back. I don't think she was a wimp. I think it also depends on how the surgery was performed. She had the 5 insions in her belly (not sure what that is called), I had it through the vajayjay. I feel very, very fortunate that I was able to go back to work. Please, please don't think that I am trying to brag that I am back at work or that you are wimpy!

Hugs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seger4me
Hearing how many of you went back to work at 3 and 4 weeks makes me feel wimpy! I had so many sick and annual days saved up over the years that I felt this was the time to take them. However, I don't want my fellow administrator to read this blog and see how tough all of you are!

I saw my doctor yesterday and he said all was healing well. He asked if I wanted to go back any earlier and I said that I thought I would like to go back at 5 weeks. He gave me permission but only for half days the first week and 'light duty'. He said no lifting or restraining middle schoolers for me.!!! We are hosting the county basketball tournament each night that week, so I now the P I work with will be very glad to have me there. Trying to only do half days will be the hard part when it would normally be a 7:00 am to 10:00 pm day!

We ended up with a four day weekend. The weather was so cold for TN that most of the middle area counties called off school. First time for that since I have been here (16 years). Good for the kids' bodies but writing assessments are just around the corner...
Unread 01-16-2009, 05:23 PM
Educators Unite

I made it for four hours today and then went and did some school shopping. I love putting little notes and gifts on my teacher's desks and I needed Valentine's Day confetti....I don't leave gifts, EVER, without confetti! It makes everyone crazy, including the cleaning crew....but THAT is part of the fun...making them CRAZY!!
I stopped at the grocery store after that and made someone pick up a case of Coke for me....I took care of myself for just a moment by not picking it up, but felt guilty as heck not picking up this coke....I just need to get over it!

My 10th grade students wanted me to come see a project they had been secretly working on...I just didn't have the strength to walk all the way across campus to see it so they pushed me in the nurse's wheelchair...they were so sweet and the project is amazing!! I love my job!!
Unread 01-16-2009, 06:53 PM
Educators Unite

Principal1 - I want a principal like you!! You seem to really care about your teachers/staff :-) They also seem to really care about you :-)
Unread 01-16-2009, 06:58 PM
Educators Unite

Silver---You just totally made my day!!

I know if my teachers are happy then they will be able to be at their best when they teach...so, keep them teachers happy!!
Unread 01-16-2009, 08:34 PM
Educators Unite

While I was out, I had a terrible sub - little more than a warm body babysitting my kids. They HATED her. My room was a wreck and she literally robbed me blind! The children said they saw her put things in her "wagon," which is a rolling crate. She took every pack of pencils I had (a year's supply), all of my post-it notes, 25 Ben Franklin erasers (I purchased them as fun incentives for our electricity unit), and 24 packs of colored map pencils. I still find stuff missing every week, can you believe it? She BLEW A WHISTLE IN THE CLASSROOM TO GET THE KIDS QUIET!!!!!

So today, my students were really acting up (5 days of inside days due to the cold - yuk!) and I had given warning after warning. Finally, I just went to the door and said, that's it! You guys do not appreciate me at all. I'm leaving and I'm going to tell the principal to call Ms. --- back! Then I walked out the door!

I peeked back through the window and you should have seen my kids' expressions! When I walked back in, they were so relieved, they worked without a peep the rest of the day and we got ALL of our work finished in record time!

Principal - I luuuuvvv my job, too, and I couldn't imagine myself doing anything else!

You ladies be careful going back to school. You may be feeling better, but you are still recovering. My docs said it would take a full 6 months to be completely healed inside. I am at 5 months and I am feeling fine, but boy, was I tired for a looooooonnnnng time!

P.S. I was named my building's Teacher of the Year today. This, even after missing the 1st eight weeks of school!
Unread 01-16-2009, 10:08 PM
Educators Unite

Bonnie,

Congrats!! Teacher of the year in your bldg!! Yeah for you!!
-Carol
Unread 01-17-2009, 08:50 AM
Educators Unite

Congratulations, Bonnie! And how did you get the text to scroll across the screen?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register