surprise in or | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Separate Surgeries

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

surprise in or surprise in or

Unread 01-17-2009, 07:18 AM
surprise in or

Thank you everyone.......I was totally surpried in my outcome and so was my dr..... I only had my right ovary removed due to it turning in to a tumor,

I had very sharp pains all along prior to my surgery in my right side as if I was being stabbed and then twisted by a knife.

The ultra sound, mri and internal exams all diagonised fibriods and it wasn't until the dr went in lapro thru my belly button that he saw the tumor.

He then had to do a bikini cut about 8-9" in long and he said it was even tight getting it out of that size.

My dr and I have a great relationship and and when you have to "mark the spot" the pre-op nurse gave me a pen & I drew a smiley face. The nurse said "I didn't see that" ok whatever. then when I got in the or the other nurses told the dr to sign his mark I said oh good I have a surprise for you.......He did a great big belly laugh and said ok I got a smiley face for you too.

Then the next thing I was asleep.

When I woke up I guess my dr told me about only the 1 ovary but was still too out of if to understand that that was the only thing no ueterus out, no nothing other than the one ovary.

He did say that I in his 20 years of practice he has only seen 3 cases of the tumor looking like a fibroid, wrapping around the ovary, and the size was 10+ I will get the exact size on Thursday for post op visit. He also said that it was the biggest he has had from the other 2 patients. And of course he expected a surprise from me and he got one and it turned out to be a good one he said.

Since the surgury I have felt ok I'm keeping tract of meds I'm taking so I do not loose track of take too much. I'm alternating from percoset and aleve. The only time I take 2 percoset in a row is at night usually at 11pm then again around 4:30 5 am to finish off sleep and also because I'm in more pain when I first wake up.

I do have to add this to my post................

My husband was wonderful!!!!!!!!!!! and still is wonderful From the time we went to bed the night before surgury up until after and now home he has been so attentive, caring, extremely concerned, etc that I'm worried he's going to wear himself out.

Oh don't get me wrong in thinking that this is not normal he is always great to me and treats me like this all the time it is just this time even our kids have said "Dad will you please get some rest too? He didn't leave the hosp from 6am on the 14 at all even to get something to eat until 8:30 that night.

While I was in recovery they were waiting for rooms and the floor was packed. Since I was in recovery so long I asked if they would allow him in to see me Normally they don't but because there was a delay they let him also because my dr told them to let him in. My dr knows how my husband is about me. After I was able to get into a room my husband stayed next to me and held my hand for hours.

My best friend came over last night and she kept telling me how much my husband was so nervous before this because he did talk to her. She said "I have never seen so much love and devotion from a husband as he shows you all the time."

I know that I am so blessed in many ways and in saying that I want to let everne here know that I was also blessed to find this site. Even though I didn't have the hysterectomy this site was very informative for me and thank you all again soooooo much

Again thank you everyone for the support

Sandi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-17-2009, 08:21 AM
surprise in or

Sandi

That is truly an in spiring story.. I am glad that everything went ok and that you atleast found a dr with a sense of humor. (those are few and far between!!) You do seem very very blessed, and what a wonderful thing to hear about your husband. My husband is the same way. I only wish more men were like ours, so all sisters could feel the love and support we were so unbelieveably lucky to have during our time, and infact ALL the time. I just wanted to say hello and I hope to read more posts from you in the future.

yours truly
trufrend
Unread 01-18-2009, 12:11 AM
surprise in or

Sandi -- Thank you for sharing your story! Kudos to both your hubby and your kids for looking out for you. I hope you continue to post. I'm new here and trying to figure everything out. Hey there trufrend as well! Aileen

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register