Positive return to intimacy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Positive return to intimacy Positive return to intimacy

Unread 01-18-2009, 04:18 PM
Positive return to intimacy

OK girls,

heres my thoughts.........

1st time SEX is SOoooo built up in our minds and thoughts and with some fear & trepidation (+ I'm a scaredy-cat=Big Time), that it was actually quite good!
I had waited till I got an internal check done with my Dr Gyno and he said everything was nicely healed etc and I could start to resume normal activities===ALL this was @ my 5.2 week recovery (fantastic as I nearly died after my Hyster & was rushed back for an emergency surgery for another 3 hours + blood transfusions with my I.V in my foot!).
So we went carefully and I chose not to climax.

Well after that a few days--I did get to try out my new body with climaxing and SO much more powerful than ever before AND no bleeding or cramping=YAY!!:smilie5:

So girls just go carefully--get your clearance from Dr--and remember YOU are in control--DO what you want to & when.

Its really NOT that bad and scary at all!!!!!

All the best you "Hyster VIRGINS""
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-18-2009, 04:22 PM

Great outcome for you, well done :-)

I think the first time post op is scarier than the first time ever and it is fantastic to hear of good post op experiences.
Unread 01-18-2009, 07:16 PM

OOhh---I'm SO jealous that you have already gotten the go-ahead!

I see my drs this week, and am hoping for the green light!

I have already had quite a few orgasms, and they don't seem any different, so I'm glad about that!

And it's wonderful to see you doing so well after your scary surgical experiences!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-18-2009, 07:19 PM

Thanks for being so honest. I am fearful but at the same time I miss being intimate with my husband. Six weeks is a long time and I may be waiting longer due to complications. Glad to hear that life does go on.
Unread 01-18-2009, 08:41 PM
Hi Sharon!!!

Hi to Sharon and all others!.

To the poster above me (now) SORRY forgot your name.......

You'll be fine I'm sure and HEY I had Mega Complications Like "I faced my own Mortality" as MY Surgeon said.....Severe drop in BP, lost over 1000mls of blood and I never gained concsiousness UNTIL after my emergency surgery-----SO now my poor tummy has been cut open up a total of 4 times, more nerves cut and damaged, a drain pushed thru my pelvic area etc etc:-----SO for me to get the clearance at only 5 weeks was great and everything works like NORMAL!!

Best wishes to you OK????celebrate
Unread 01-19-2009, 09:01 PM

I knew there was a reason I was crazy about you.

Nice post because it's good to know that good stuff awaits us. I am eager to be a part of the inner club. Okay, I haven't even become a member of the outer club quite yet. lol

Kara
Unread 01-19-2009, 09:10 PM
You'll be fine my darling

Oh Kara it wont be long----just go easy---take your time---do what U want only when U are ready!!.

And My FAVOURITE........

The Women is in C-O-N-T-R-O-L

And that can from my surgeon (Whos a man, lol)
Unread 01-19-2009, 10:34 PM

Hey sis, I had to find your post, I am so happy for you and to know that you are doing so well! You are amazing, Super Woman, I tell you, you should wear a cape! :superman: And, good for you and your renewed sex life!! :woot: I was cleared today, DH better get ready!XOXO Melisa
Unread 01-20-2009, 06:48 AM

Thank you! Its so glad to hear something positive like that. I have become a little nervous. My husband is "well endowed" and I have been thinking awful things I'll tell ya. LOL!

Thanks for reassuring me with your positive experience!
Unread 01-20-2009, 09:28 AM

Same boat for me-6 week check up yesterday and was given the clear to resume sexual relations. I was nervous, there wasn't much foreplay as we tried to fit it in while daughter was at brownies. No problems or pain. Lots of natural lubrication. I think the real deep uterine contraction feel may need alittle work-its a little stiff-but then again, not much of a warm up. Didn't feel cuff or anything. Hubby said it felt great-even tighter! ;-) I was just slightly sore way up high later-nothing bad at all. No bleeding or anything. The only thing is today I sneezed and leaked a little urine. I had the sling and it seemed to be working up to now. I wonder if this means it will go back to the same old leaking at times. Hope not? I wondered if the sex had anything to do with it? As for that, it started tentatively and I pressed for, um, full throttle so to speak pretty quickly. And it was good. Thank God!
The doc couldn't feel stitches and I have had no discharge at ALL since second day of surgery. No evidence of the stitches dissolving. I just wished I had time to ask him yesterday what it meant if I start leaking urine again. Does it take time to take full effect with a sling? Its been really good up to now.
Anyhow ladies it went well. Mind you, I had no complications and I was a very straightforward case. No adhesions, fibroids, etc.
Have fun out there!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register