Feeling hysterical | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Feeling hysterical Feeling hysterical

Unread 01-20-2009, 06:58 AM
Feeling hysterical

Hiya girlies,
Im having my full abdo tommorrow.I am so weepy today its unreal.I know i need this thing doing but today im just blummin terrified.
HAve been out shopping filling the freezer and buying new towels(why i dont know LOL)I have ironing and hoovering to do but im saving that for later.
Then its time to trim the lady garden (oh the shame)Out of everything im getting upset about I feel so embarrassed at the thought of lying there with my lady garden and flower on show to a theatre full of people.(i feel very British at the moment LOL)
Another thing I want to do is to write my hubby and children a letter,just incase anything happens.Do you think this is being utterly hysterical or being realistic?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-20-2009, 07:04 AM
Feeling hysterical

I think everything you are going through is VERY normal. This IS a major surgery. But, keep in mind, all of US (at least on post op) have been through it and survived

You will get through this! See you on the post op side and REMEMBER to
Unread 01-20-2009, 07:09 AM
Feeling hysterical

Thankyou chick,
Reading through other posts on here are such a help too.
xxx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-20-2009, 07:21 AM
Feeling hysterical

I did the exact same things as you. Instead of writing to my family I actually said good bye to them "just in case". When we look back now at my hysteria we can't help laughing, but at the time it was something that I just needed to do.

So if it makes you feel better write that letter and tuck it away in a safe place where you can dig it out in a couple of years and have a good chuckle.

Good luck and best wishes.
Unread 01-20-2009, 07:22 AM
Feeling hysterical

((( *MRS*NANSEE ))), you sound pretty normal to me too. I was very emotional and stressed while waiting for my surgery. I think that all the "what if's " can really get to us sometimes.

It's sounds like you have a busy day planned; I remember that staying busy helped me a lot. I was nicely surprised when I was calm the day of my surgery, probably because the waiting was over then. I hope that will happen for you too

Best wishes.

Unread 01-20-2009, 09:48 AM
Feeling hysterical

*Mrs*Nansee - I have surgery tomorrow also and I can completely relate. I am trying get laundry done, the house cleaned, grocery shopping done...Oh and then I noticed my legs really need to shaved (LOL I am not going to go to the hospital with hairy legs!) There is too much to do and not enough time to do it. Hang in there and I will "see" you on the Post-Op board when we get home.
Unread 01-20-2009, 09:51 AM
Feeling hysterical

LOL!! My hairy legs will also be done by tonight!The things that we torment ourselves with LOLOLOL
Unread 01-20-2009, 10:39 AM
Feeling hysterical

Regarding being "exposed" for a roomful of people. I'm sure we were all concerned about this also, but they are very professional in the OR, I was surprised at how quickly they put me under anaesthetic once I was in the room. They use tons of sterile drapes to protect the operative field and our modesty as much as possible, not too many of us have anything they haven't already seen before given the number of surgeries of this type performed every year. Hope this is helpful, I found the day before the worst, so I'm glad your keeping yourself busy, once I was at the hospital the day of the procedure, I actual was surprised at how calm I felt.
Take care, in addition to shaving my legs, I had a nice pedicure, made me feel better and my hospital had no problem with nail polish.
Unread 01-20-2009, 12:17 PM
Feeling hysterical

Yes, this all sounds very normal. I found the day before my surgery to be the hardest of all. I tried not to think about actually being in the operating room because of thinking about what part of my body would be exposed. But they are indeed very good about draping everything except exactly what they need. I felt like I was treated with great dignity.

I didn't write good-bye letters to my family, although I did consider it. If writing letters would help you feel better, then do it. You can always burn them after you're home from the hospital. Stay strong, and we'll be seeing you on the post-op boards soon!
Unread 01-20-2009, 12:55 PM
Feeling hysterical

Just remember, you'll never see any of these people again (OK, you'll see your surgeon again)!! I really didn't think about my surgery until the morning of. Once I got called into the room, that's when the nerves started. You'll be fine--these folks are professional.
Pat,
TAH 9/8/08

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register