The Spa | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 01-21-2009, 10:52 AM
The Spa

There's been a lot of venting going on. (I should know, since I've been doing some of it.)

This is going to sound silly, but I don't care. I've joked around in a couple threads about how nice it would be if we had a HysterSisters spa, where we could lie around and rest if we wanted to, chat if we wanted to, not have to be responsible for anything, let our hormones surge if necessary, and so on. I am three and a half weeks post-op. I'm tired all the time. I can't concentrate on much. I'm still achy. I have a mild infection in the vaginal cuff. And blah blah blah. I've read others who are still recuperating complaining about relationships, doctors, bladders, and so on.

I tried to think of something that could cheer me up. So I created this thread. I plan to be in here tomorrow (Thursday, January 22) from noon to 1 pm, central standard time. If anyone else wants to join me, please do. I thought it might lift some of our spirits to be on at the same time. We can chat about what we're eating or drinking, what's on tv, what the weather is like, and so on.

However, because HysterSisters are all around the world and some of us do have other things going on, it would be great if people could stop by earlier or later if that works better for them. I just really need some cheering up, and I think some of my sisters do, too. It's the closest I can come to a spa right now, and maybe I'll see if I can even paint my toenails for the occasion!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-21-2009, 11:45 AM
The Spa

Chris

A spa day sounds wonderful and if you can't get to one in your own reality yet, this is a great way to do it!

It's sunny and cold here in Tennessee today but expected to warm up into the 50s tomorrow which will cheer me up. I'm not a cold weather girl. I think I'm supposed to be living on a warm sunny island paradise somewhere.

Do you like to get pedicures? I do and I always get a sassy color for my polish. I love reds and bright pinks for my toes but my fingernails are always french manicured. I have my appointments every other Friday which means my nails will be beautiful this week!

Deb
Unread 01-21-2009, 12:03 PM
The Spa

I have never gotten a pedicure, but I keep meaning to. I have fallen in love with my Ped-Egg, though, and I love to put really sassy colors on my toes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-21-2009, 07:09 PM
The Spa

I can't get here during the day, but I will be thinking of you all tomorrow at the Spa It's close to 80 degrees here in Arizona, & we need to pick the oranges off our tree this weekend so it's not overburdened....

Stay warm!!!
Unread 01-21-2009, 07:19 PM
The Spa

Oh I am so jealous. Fresh oranges! I have a couple of feet of snow in my back yard...
Unread 01-22-2009, 06:54 AM
The Spa

Oh, I'd love to join in the spa too. I've never been to one - sounds great

It's 40 here in southeast Texas - we're actually having some winter this year But, I still have some fresh lemons on my tree.

I don't like pedicures because I can't stand having my feet touched by others. I'd like a facial though and a manicure - pearly pink for my nails please.
Unread 01-22-2009, 07:23 AM
my view of the Spa

Here's a description of the Spa that I was imagining on another thread a couple weeks ago. It is far from my reality, but fortunately I have a vivid imagination.

Quote:

I'm imagining a spa, a place full of recliners, M&M's, and percocet where our every wish is attended to, immediately, with no complaining.

Our laundry is washed without us having to ask (or carry, or fold, or touch a washing machine). Dishes that are dirtied are washed and put away before they begin to smell funny. Healthy nutritious food (along with any non-health, non-nutritious food) is prepared for us when we're hungry. Our sheets will be changed daily. Garbage will be taken to the proper receptacle every evening.

We will have to carry nothing heavier than a glass or mug of our favorite beverage, and we will focus on recuperating while we lie around healing in the HysterSisters lounge.

We will be visited by loved ones whenever we want--and never when we don't want. We will not return to our homes until someone other than us has our homes in order in the way we want them to be.
Unread 01-22-2009, 10:50 AM
The Spa

I'm here in the spa--no painted toenails (I'm too lazy), but I have my bare feet propped up on the coffee table and the laptop on my lap.
Unread 01-22-2009, 11:55 AM
The Spa

((Chris))

I'll paint your toenails ~ I've no problems with feet!

I just love your spa idea above ~ it sounds like heaven! If only we could promise that for all our recovering !!

Here's a (or two!) for you to sip whilst your feet are being "prettied". Will these colours do for each toe?

Unread 01-22-2009, 12:03 PM
The Spa

Thanks, Pooodles. I wonder what my husband would say if I did each toe in a different color!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register