TAH/bladder suspension/A&P/TT | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

TAH/bladder suspension/A&P/TT TAH/bladder suspension/A&P/TT

Unread 01-25-2009, 11:41 AM
TAH/bladder suspension/A&P/TT

I am scheduled for surgery 2/4/09 and feel quite apprehensive but appreciate all your validating comments. Most of you are so glad to have had everything finally done and are an inspiration to me.

My worst fear is pain management but my OB assures me he will listen to me and provide whatever I need. I trust him so I guess that is ok. The tummy tuck was a more last minute decision but I need one and don't want to recover from abdominal surgery more than once. My OB was only going to provide removal of excess skin and I really need more than that. I have 3 different docs performing the procedures, OB, urologist and PS. I am taking 8 weeks off from work but friends tell me I may need more time. I have not seen any threads specifically including all of these procedures so wonder if any of you have experience with all of these at the same time and consequent recovery issues.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-25-2009, 01:22 PM
TAH/bladder suspension/A&P/TT

Hi there,

I have not have these three procedures done, but there are others who have... You might want to search on the Pelvic Floor board. There are more women there who have had repairs done.

I think planning on eight weeks is a good idea. You may need more, or you may not. It is a wait and see kind of thing, and you could always extend your disability leave. Try to make sure you are ready to go back before you do... it is easier to extend a leave than go back and have to start a new one. Some ladies also go back part time for a few weeks. You can discuss all of this with your dr. as you progress through your recovery.

I personally think it is great to get everything done at once. That is my personal opinion. And you have done a great thing by discussing pain management with the dr. ahead of time. Just have him make sure to have several orders on file with the nurses for when he is not there, in case a med isn't working for you.

I'm sure you will do fine... the only thing I have read about women who have had the A&P is just to expect some pulling/pressure pain in the vag, bladder, and rear area. From what I have read, those areas get more sore than with just a hyster. But it is normal, and can be managed with meds. I am jealous you are having a tummy tuck! I want one!

CC

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register