abnormal pap after hyst | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

abnormal pap after hyst abnormal pap after hyst

Unread 08-22-2001, 11:55 AM
abnormal pap after hyst

Hello again everyone! Doubt anyone remembers me but I had a TVH back in March for Carcinoma-in-situ. I think I had posted on here a few times before and then on the post-hyst site after (had some probs)

Anyway, I went in for my first follow-up pap 2 1/2 months ago and it came back that I had squeamous cells. My doc didn't really say anything about it but that it was kinda expected.

I go back in a few weeks for my 3 month pap after that one and I was wondering if I should make an issue of the abnormal pap (nothing was graded or anything) and see what's up with that. I mean, I didn't WANT an abnormal pap again!

I also had an infection and was wondering if maybe they could have called the squemous cells. We know my cancer was very aggressive and now that I know I had some abnormal cells in there I'm worried it might all come back.

How common is this and anyone know more of what this means?

Thanks so much!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-22-2001, 12:23 PM
abnormal pap after hyst

Why is it that he was not suprised by the last pap? I would want to know his thoughts on all of this and if he felt as though cancer is still present and what should be done about it. I can understand if he wanted you to heal more from surgery, but keeping you "in the dark" is not right at all! There are a lot of things that can bring up a false positive in a pap, but considering that he stated squamous cells, I have to wonder. When is your visit? I hope that one of the other ladies may have more info for you, but I had to jump in here because this upset me!! It is not right that you were left to wonder for weeks! Please keep us posted!!
Unread 08-22-2001, 02:07 PM
abnormal pap after hyst

Hello Nicole, what has happened is not common though it does happen.

If you dont feel comfortable waiting these few more weeks then give the Dr a call and see if you can get in earlier. No use worrying about it for all that time. Like Cyd says abnormal paps can be caused by lots of things,infections can do it. I am not sure what squamous means , there are so many different medical terms I get confused. But to put your mind at rest I would definately see the DR.

I sure hope you get some answers real soon and please dont forget that we are all here for you , love to you always x x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-22-2001, 02:39 PM
abnormal pap after hyst

Thanks to both of you for your replies. I'm not really "Worried" about it - figure he knows what he's talking about (he's supposed to be one of hte best) but I just wondered how common it was and if it was a potention "later on" worry.

I think that I'm thinking it might be the beginnings of the cancer again. Which is mostly just frustrating cause I had the TVH to get rid of it all (I've only JUST turned 31)

My doc is retiring after this next checkup - I guess that is what is worrying me cause I want to know if there is more wrong before I go to my next doc. I do know that now I will ask my doc about it and find out what all he says. I think I just wanted some "oh, I had that and it's not a big deal" emails. LOL

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register