Increasing pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Increasing pain Increasing pain

Unread 01-31-2009, 05:44 AM
Fed up

ok, I had a lap hysterectomy with vagina removal on the 15th of January 2009. The first 2 weeks were great. I really had no pain. The surgical sites were healing. I was getting back to a nornal routine. I was eating and drinking good. I was even thinking of getting back to work early. Then all the sudden I had extreem lower central abdomen pain. I went to see my DR. he beleived it to be a bladder infection. So he gave me cypro. I have been taking it since then with no relief. The pain is getting worse now. I called him today in extreem pain to the point that I was crying. Now he said it may be bowel and to try a couple of fleet enemas. I now really do not eat much, I only get out of bed to use the bathroom. I do not sleep much. I feel so bad and have so much pain, worse than what my cramps were.
Does anyone have a suggestion?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-31-2009, 07:11 AM
Increasing pain

My aunt had here hysterectomy done like yours. She said she did not hurt initially but that she did too much to soon and began to have some problems a week or so in. Have you been having normal BM's up to this point??Did you have ovaries removed? If the pain continues I would for sure go back to MD and want something else done. Did you test positive for bladder infection?
Try not to get discouraged. I have had set backs myself several of them. I began to get discouraged too but then was quickly reminded that I needed to trust God and know that what ever I am going threw there is a reason for and that I will be stronger for it in the end. Reading my bible always gives me strength. I will be praying for your speedy recovery!!
Hugs,
Stephanie
Unread 01-31-2009, 08:23 AM
Increasing pain

Hi!

I'm sorry that you're still in pain. You really need to contact your doctor again. As recoveries progress, pain should decrease, not increase. Don't hesitate to go to the emergency room for help.

Please let us know how you're doing and let us know what the doctor says--when you feel up to it, of course.

s

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register