Gallbladder surgery | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > Hysteritaville General Discussions

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Gallbladder surgery Gallbladder surgery

Unread 01-29-2009, 06:28 PM
Gallbladder surgery

Hello!!

Its interesting hearing these stories and kind of scary !! Im actually having my gallbladder removed in a couple of months due to gallstones, they were discovered by a abdominal sonogram because I was having a sharp pain on my right side!! The pain is not bad but sometimes I eat certain foods ( greasy ) and I get very nauses!!

I have to wait a couple of months so I can have a sick leave from work!! How long is the recuperation?? How long did you guys take off from work??

I havent been in the OR. for years makes me nervous!!

Well, Have a nice day!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-09-2009, 06:55 PM
Gallbladder surgery

I had my gallbladder removed a year ago in January . I went back to work a week later . ask your doctor about the side affects that go along with having this surgery the major acid reflux and the IBM problem ..
Unread 02-10-2009, 10:55 AM
Gallbladder surgery

A few years ago, my stepmother had her gallbladder removed laproscopically as an outpatient even though she was about 75 at the time. She took it easy for about a week but probably overdid it as she ended up with a hernia. She has not had any acid reflux issues or complications other than the hernia, which had to be surgically repaired. Do take it easy, and best wishes to you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-10-2009, 03:35 PM
Gallbladder surgery

wow!!

Guess what I already suffer from acid reflux and ibm been suffering for years!! Always carry prevacid with me wherever I go !!

Thanks
Unread 02-10-2009, 05:27 PM
Gallbladder surgery

I had my galbladder removed by lap in March 07. I also had a hernia repaired which I'm sure added to the recovery time but I was only off for 2wks. I do have to watch my diet closer since having the galbladder removed but as long as I don't eat too much salad or anything majorly greasy I usually do fine. Best of luck to you, I hope you have a quick and easy recovery.
Unread 02-11-2009, 06:03 PM
Gallbladder surgery

Hi japennington !!

Why cant you eat to much salad??

I understand greasy!!
Unread 02-11-2009, 10:52 PM
Gallbladder surgery

I had my gall bladder removed laprascopically Sept 2006. I have to say that in comparison to my TAH/BSo that I just went through, the gall bladder removal was easy. It was done as an out patient procedure and I had to take it easy for a couple of weeks, but I felt so much better. I have a hard time with heavy or greasy food, beef or if I just over eat in general. But I have maintained a 30 pound weight loss since my surgery. It made me rethink how I eat, but for the better.
Unread 02-11-2009, 11:24 PM
Gallbladder surgery

Sillyme- I'm not sure why a salad upsets my stomach so badly but I think that I do better with greasy foods than with the salad greens.
Unread 02-13-2009, 04:37 PM
Gallbladder surgery

Hello!!

Well I will have to wait and see after my surgery what I will de able to eat !!

I hope I lose some weight that would be awesome!!

Thanks girls!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register