Suspected adenomyosis causing severe back pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Suspected adenomyosis causing severe back pain Suspected adenomyosis causing severe back pain

Unread 02-05-2009, 07:56 PM
Suspected adenomyosis causing severe back pain

Hi I am 36, suspected Adenomyosis, have a small fibroid and I have had a Mirena inserted to try and avoid hysterectomy but the pain has overtaken my life, I am tired of suffering and have booked surgery for March but trying to get it moved forward if I can. I have severe and relentless back pain, and just wondering if anyone has had this. I get a bit of cramping at front but it is nothing in comparison to the hideous back pain. Nothing I take works for the pain anymore, it is just revolting. I am scared to death of surgery and so grateful for this forum as it makes the journey more bearable and not so lonely.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-05-2009, 08:01 PM

allytm,

Yes, I have back pain with my Adenomyosis (34 years old). Before my surgeon diagnosed me, every other doc I talked two (2 gynecologists at the practice I've gone to for years) totally overlooked the lower back pain, kidney area factor. After my surgeon (who will perform my hysterectomy on 2/12) diagnosed my problem I started googling it and felt so much better when I saw that back pain is a symptom.

Looking forward to losing the pain....soon
Unread 02-06-2009, 06:53 AM

I had terrible back pain for over a year because of one large fibroid that had tilted my uterus towards my back- it also was pressing on my bowels, so I always felt that I had to have a BM (even if I didn't!). There were days when I would take 10-12 ibuprofen just so I could get to work, which in turn, was raising by blood pressure- I didn't even care!
I had a SAH on Jnauary 21st, and the FIRST thing I noticed (after the drugs wore off in recovery) is that I had NO BACK PAIN!
I'm two weeks post-op and can put up with all the aches and pains of recovery with little or no medication- compared to the unrelenting back pain, this is a walk in the park and the best thing I ever did!
Keep your chin up, and if you can push to have your surgery earlier, go for it!
All the best to you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-06-2009, 07:43 AM

Over the past year or so I was developing lower stiffness, pain especially in the morning. Sometimes worse than others and no stretches or pain exercise had an effect on it. I also was getting pain on the right side of my middle back in the kidney area. Nothing relieved it also. Than I was developing tightness and pain in my right hip again nothing relieved it. I did blame my knee (another story) but nothing improved after my knee surgery.
I told all my doctors about it but none of them felt it was related to gyn complaints.
Well back pain is gone hip pain gone after surgery. Still tight in right buttocks and pelvic floor but much better.
If you look in archives from December 08 there is a popular thread on this topic I forget the name but it has adenomyosis in it. Hope this helps and good luck
Unread 02-06-2009, 09:01 PM

My doctor suspects I have adenomyosis and my back hurts constantly. I also cramp terribly in my ovaries when I am ovulating. I use a heating pad and that helps some -- at least enough I can go to sleep.
Unread 02-07-2009, 12:13 PM

I had adenomiosis, endo, cysts that kept rupturing and pain that was relentless. I had pain all the time from my middle back to my knees. It is all gone now. People say I look 10 years younger and the stress is gone from my face. No wonder. I no longer have ANY pain. It is all gone, hopefully forever. I am a new woman. I was having ovulation pain (rupturing cysts), PMS, and huge cramping with my period. That left me with about a week without too much pain, but just thinking that it would come back soon was taking so much out of me. Turns out my hormones where out of whack too, so my life was one drama after another. I started HRT the day of surgery and lucked into the right dose. I have never felt better. I have had no complications post surgery except for the fatigue.

Good luck and all the best,
Unread 03-01-2009, 03:09 PM

Ladies
I had my hyster in October 2008 -- my doctor "found" endo, adeno, fibroids and adhesions that he didn't expect to find - apparently I do not complain effectively enough. Since my surgery, my back pain is GONE, my bowel problems are GONE, not to mention all of the other assorted cyclical hormonal issues (headaches, nausea) all GONE! Every doctor I had ever seen had a different opinion about why I was in so much back pain and had so many stomach and intestinal problems. Nobody was willing to believe that they were related to anything GYN.

Even surgical menopause with no HRT has been nothing in comparison to everything else that I used to go through every month. I do not regret for one single second having the surgery. It gave me my life back. I wish it had been an option for me 10 years ago.

Edie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register