Adenomyosis, hysterectomy scheduled | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Adenomyosis, hysterectomy scheduled Adenomyosis, hysterectomy scheduled

Unread 02-10-2009, 11:29 AM
Adenomyosis, hysterectomy scheduled

Hi everyone, I have been diagnosed with adenomyosis after an MRI. This has made me very anaemic and I am scheduled for a hysterectomy March 30th. My dr. will try for a TVH but if uterus is too big will go for a TAH. Does anyone know how big is too big?

My symptoms seem to change month to month recently has anyone else with adeno experienced this? How about a constant gnawing ache for 2-3 days at a time?

I am interested in hearing from others who have this condition and their experiences.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-10-2009, 11:33 AM

can i ask, what is adenmyosis?

thanks,
jamesgirl
Unread 02-10-2009, 11:37 AM

it is a progressive condition where the lining of the uterus grows into the muscular wall (some articles describe it as internal endometriosis). Its symptoms vary from person to person but causes an enlarged boggy uterus. In my case extremely heavy periods with clots and that have resulted in anaemia and pains like contractions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-10-2009, 11:38 AM

thanks for explaining...

sorry you have been going through that...
hugs,
jamesgirl
Unread 02-10-2009, 04:35 PM

Hi,
Congrats on your positive mri so they could figure out what was wrong with you! I am not sure how big is too big , but Im sure your dr will know when he tries if it is. i guess it depends on if it wont fit through the vaginal canal...after they do all they do down there.

Im sorry i dont have a more 'clinical' answer for you.

I am just wondering what your symptoms are...because i was suspected of having it 7 months ago. But dont know.
My symptoms are dull cramps two or so days before my period. moderate to heavy day 1....Very heavy with silver dollar size clots day 2 changing every hour....and of course knife like pains...day 3 hardly any bleeding....day 4 spoting all days a dull ache...I have been off of the BCP's for a couple of months now...each month in my past experience without taking them it gets worse and worse...especially the knife like pain. Im afraid they wont figure out whats wrong.
Unread 02-11-2009, 06:27 AM

sounds very like my symptoms!
Unread 02-11-2009, 06:49 AM

I also have, HAD, adenomyosis. I always felt like I was getting my period: always crampy, with jabbing pains. On day 6,7, and 8 of my period I felt like someone was stabbing me in the lower left side. I had to hold on to the counter to stand up sometimes. The good new, sisters, is I am 8 days post-op and I already feel less pressure and no cramping. I feel lighter, like a weight is lifted. I won't miss the clotting either. I hope it works for you like it did for me! Good luck ladies!
Unread 02-11-2009, 01:04 PM

I was just diagnosed yesterday with adenomyosis too. I have a long history of endometriosis as well. I am 37 and was told I will need a TAH. I am very scared because I don't know what to expect at all. My symptoms are: long periods, frequent periods, spotting all the time, pain ( a lot of cramping and backache). The doctor said that my uterus measures 203 and that normal is 70-80?? I am so freaked out.
Unread 02-11-2009, 01:44 PM

jsilverman thanks for the hope! You describe exactly how I feel, it's so good to know that I'm not alone and the symptoms change and sometimes i have wondered if I'm going crazy....haha. my pain since last night has been in lower right side with back ache. All the best with your recovery.

Whiteroses my dr. who i have great faith in even though i just met her in December told me before diagnosis that the only real treatment for adeno is hysterectomy. Her name is Dr. Christmas and since my first appt was dec 18 I have a good feeling about her. My hyst. is March 30th and I am confident I will feel like my old self once again......I thought all of these things were just because I was getting older!! Thanks to a gp who took time to ask and listen during my annual (which I hadn't had for 4 years) I now know I will nolonger have to just live with this. Good Luck
Unread 02-11-2009, 01:50 PM

Thanks chitown_sis. I agree, I think your doctor's name is a good omen ! LOL ! Good luck to you. I'll be thinking of ya on 3/30!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register