Bad news! Bigger cyst; new cyst | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Separate Surgeries

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bad news! Bigger cyst; new cyst Bad news! Bigger cyst; new cyst

Unread 02-10-2009, 09:18 PM
Bad news! Bigger cyst; new cyst

Hey everyone! I have a new update. The cyst on the right ovary is now 4 cm. It was 2 cm. in December. I also now have a 1 cm. cyst on my right ovary. My doctor found this with the new u/s that I had on Monday. She gave me three choices to think about. They are 1.) Start Lupron; 2.) Remove the ovary with the 4 cm. cyst; 3.) Take out both ovaries and begin hormone therapy. What should I do? I need advice from my hyster sisters. Noone understands like you! Love ya!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-10-2009, 10:51 PM
Bad news! Bigger cyst; new cyst

I can totally relate to you as I was where you are on 1/22. I posted on the ovaries only board about this same thing "Scared to have remaining ovary removed" and "Home from the Castle" Our post got split but it might be of some help if only to know that you are not a lone.
I had my TAH/LSO back in Oct 08, and ended up in the ER on Jan 22 with pain in my lower right side. The CT scan showed that I had a 4.4 cm cyst on the right ovary and a lot of smaller ones as well. My Dr also gave me three options also. 1.) IV antibiotics and a Depo povera shot; 2.) go in and try to drain the cyst with possibility to remove it; 3.) remove the ovary. So I spent the night in the hospital for I opted for the meds instead of another surgery. I was discharged later that Friday afternoon. I actually thought I was feeling better till Tuesday night 1/27, when the nausea/vomiting and pain hit suddenly again. I went in and saw my Dr. the next morning and opted for him to go in and drain it with the possibility of removing it. I had the surgery the next day and the ovary was completely covered in cysts so he took it and the tube out. That was on 1/29/09 and so far I am not on any hormone therapy and I haven't had any hot flashes or night sweats or any of the other things I have read that some experience. Even surprised my Dr that I haven't had any yet. The only thing I have noticed since my surgery is that the skin on my face is drier than before, but have found some home remedies that seem to be helping, I am colder than I was before, but I keep a throw close by, and I am a little emotional, but I have suffered from depression all my life and I am having gallbladder problems now with another possible surgery in the near future to remove it, so I can't really say that my being emotional is from not having my ovaries. Even had a night with DH and everything worked wonderfully. I noticed a little vag. dryness, but nothing too uncomfortable and DH didn't notice at all, and haven't noticed it again.
So right now I am just trying to learn as much about the different hormone therapies out there so I can be somewhat prepared for if and when I need them.
I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers and if you ever need to talk I am here. Take care and lots and lots of HUGS to you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register