Any other horseowners? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Pet Passions

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Any other horseowners? Any other horseowners?

Unread 02-12-2009, 10:52 AM
Any other horseowners?

What kind, what age, what kind of stuff do you do with them?

Me - have 2 breeding stock paints (basically QH with not much white)... one gelding who wants to live on your lap, the other a mare, who was bitten by a rattlesnake a few years back and it changed her personality. Love riding, don't have enough time to do it often, but ride english mostly. Great exercise! And so rewarding with the animals.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-15-2009, 05:31 PM
Any other horseowners?

I don't have any horses right now. I'd like to get one this summer. I mostly trail ride and ride for cattle. I would like to get a horse or pony broke to drive and ride. Last summer I went to Utah and took a trail ride where they had the winter Olympics. sooooo much fun and beautiful! In the past I've had quarter horses. I got my first horse when I was 10 yrs old. They were my best friends. I still love to ride. I'm a big animal lover so I have dogs now.
Unread 02-23-2009, 07:38 AM
Any other horseowners?

Hello. I have 2 TN Walkers and a Foxtrotter. One of my Walkers will be 2 yrs old in April. That's my main concern. Right now I am 3 weeks post of TAH, and am wondering when I can start riding. My young one will need to be broke out, and I can't wait to get started.
Does anyone know the time frame of when I can get back on?
Thanks...Kelli
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-23-2009, 10:42 AM
Any other horseowners?

crazyhorse, I think with a TAH, it's at least a few months. Especially if you're breaking a young one. It took about 4 weeks after just a laparoscopy for me to get back on, but hopefully you heal fast. Wishing you a speedy recovery!
Unread 02-23-2009, 05:24 PM
Any other horseowners?

Thanks for the info. I don't want too rush it, but I can't wait to get back on. The only thing that is making it easier is that is is cold here in Missouri. I lucked out with the timing of my surgery. It would have drove me crazy if it was gorgeous out.
Kelli
Unread 03-11-2009, 11:05 AM
Any other horseowners?

Hi fellow horse lovers!
I have two horses - Prince who is a palomino half Arab half Quarter horse and Rajah, a full blood grey Arab. They are half brothers. Prince is 9 years old and virtually bomb=proof - anyone can ride him - three-year-olds- and husband with NO training! Rajah is 3 and is only green broke so he needs lots of training this summer.
I walk down to the pasture twice a day now to watch them and talk to them. I really want to groom them as they are both losing their winter shaggy coats - but I will wait another week os so as I am only 7 days post TAH.
As for riding, it really depends on the horse and on your own abilities. After back surgery in 2001 I was told to wait 6 months. But at the time I had a Walker and his gait was so smooth and steady that I rode him after just 3 months - just around the pen, but it felt so good! This time I will wait until I have been exercising and doing yoga for a while before attempting to ride Prince.
Having said that, I don't know how long I will be able to resist - if he starts getting lazy I will have to beg someone to come and exercise him! Rajah misses his cuddles and gets quite upset with me when I won't go in the pasture with them. I know he misses his Reiki sessions too, as I use Reiki healing regularly on all my pets and horses are VERY receptive to it. Maybe next week...

Unread 03-11-2009, 11:08 AM
Any other horseowners?

Forgot to mention that my daughter is in 4H and competes at local shows. She has done Western Pleasure and English Pleasure, Horsemanship and showjumping. I was born in UK and I ride English and am training Prince to do showjumping this year ... well I will when i am better... xxx
Unread 03-11-2009, 03:53 PM
Any other horseowners?

Hi Raven and Kelli and all,

Can't wait for spring to be here and warmer weather. Dying to ride. Sorry your riding is on hold for a bit, but you will appreciate it all the more when your recovery is complete. My daughter just started US Pony Club as I did it as a kid, my mom is from UK. Live here in Colorado where it's 70 degrees one day, 20's the next! Crazy weather for sure.
Unread 03-12-2009, 02:04 PM
Any other horseowners?

Decided that I can still do the halter classes later this spring at local shows. This will be good experience for both horses and get Raj used to be around a lot of people and other horses! He is such a big cuddle bunny!
Happy trails everyone!
Unread 03-13-2009, 09:32 AM
Any other horseowners?

So yesterday I was talking to my Yogi and she told me that if I do Butterfly stretches, gently, after my two week checkup and clearance from my Doctor, it will help me get in the saddle quicker! Yeah!
Don't want to push myself but this is the longest I have been off a horse in 30 years (except after back surgery) - I even rode a Walker when I was pregnant!

The pasture is 'flooded' with all this great rain we are having in Texas! It will be good for the grass but my boys are sulking as they are in their smaller holding pen and stables!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register