Any other horseowners? - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Pet Passions

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Any other horseowners? Any other horseowners?

Unread 01-24-2011, 07:14 PM
Re: Any other horseowners?

Right now the mule is learning some ground manners and then ground work. She is treating him like he was ridden although he was ridden through the auction. It's funny about the thoroughbred because he is stalled right next to an older thoroughbred who is in love with Jalapeno. They are becoming best buds
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-24-2011, 07:21 PM

I actually saw a girl compete at a local horse show several years ago with a mule. She did pretty good! I had a tough time getting over those ears, to really see how well she had him trained. May have been a 4-h show.
Horses are such social creatures! I need to get my mare I've had in training and bring my other mare over to the trainers for a tune-up (made sense, since I've recently had a hysterectomy). I have to take my gelding into consideration. I think he's going for the ride to bring one to the training barn, and picking up the other! I can't have him freaking out because he's alone--could make him hurt those legs I've paid $$$ for surgery to de-nerve due to his horrendous arthritis. I've thought of getting a mini or a pony to keep him company...however, it's only myself that takes care of them and rides, so not sure.
Unread 01-24-2011, 08:06 PM

Minis are so cute and can be shown or driven so if you get a trained one you have some fun. Another consideration is a donkey. They need very little care and will protect their herd from anything bad like coyotes or dogs. There are some mule and donkey shows in our area and 4-H has classes for the mules. There are some youtuble videos on western pleasure mules.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-19-2012, 08:55 PM

I have a 19 year old Quarter Horse gelding named Evas Sonny Rey who is a chestnut with a star.
I use him strictly for backyard pleasure even though we have done some shows and trail riding.
He is a totally awesome horse!!!!
Unread 02-13-2012, 01:16 AM

I so love horses,
I enjoyed reading your posts
Unread 03-10-2012, 06:09 PM

We have 16, between my husband, his father, brother, and grandfather. My husband has complete care of them , though. They are mostly Paints, brown saddle, TN walkers. Mine is a Strawberry Rhone., Ginger.

My husband acquired a Thoroughbred mix a few years back, Tennessee Waltz, or Walter. He was proud cut, so is a bit strong-headed, kinda like my husband, lol!

We mostly use them for riding, and historical re-enactments.
Unread 05-23-2012, 12:12 PM

i now have one her name is stormy she is about 10 or 11 yrs old she is a quarter horse we did have a 4 yr old mare that we was given cause the owner couldnt feed her do to the drought we was in last summer here in texas it was pretty bad she was poor when we got her and we got her fatten up but when we did she began bitting and kicking stormy so we had to find a new home for her she was a good horse besides that her name was skittles we are looking for another horse that is broke so that we can do theraputic therapy with our girls they have cerebal palsey and its great therapy for balance and all i havent rode stormy yet dur to all my health issues and cant wait to get toride again its been like 14 yrs sence i have been on a horse
Unread 06-18-2012, 03:57 PM

I have 11 total--2 solid paints, 3 paints. And the rest quarter horses.

I actuually planned my proccedure around a couple of bbig shows we had schheduledd for this summer! Loll
Unread 09-10-2013, 10:27 AM

We have 7 ! 3 paint mares that are retired broodmares who also where shown halter and trail rode . 1 quarter horse mare who is 19 thats a cutter/rope horse. 1 peruvian paso who is 34 , fat and sassy who was my daughters first rider 15 years ago . 1 quarter horse who was a pretty famous reiner that we use for all around shows now . Last but nit least a 5 year old registered palomino gelding who is paint solid, quarter horse . Palomino and breeding stock paint he is 17 hands and beautiful , biggest pet on earth he was shown in halter then started my a cutting horse trainer so we can do all around with him . My barrel horse died on me when I was racing her in march horses where my passion and life .
Unread 10-06-2013, 04:50 PM

I would love a horse. The problem is I don't really live in horse country. I live in south Florida. There is Davie and Plantation Acres area where they have horses, but they seem like they are small areas. I think horses should have big pastures and room to run around in. There are a lot of horses up for adoption through the SPCA here since there are a lot of low lifes in Miami that abuse horses and run illegal slaughterhouses. And then there are the Thoroughbreds that are used for racing and then thrown out like yesterday's trash when they are done with them. I hear about it all the time on the news and it makes me so mad ! It's a lot to think about to get a horse, how far you have to travel for boarding, cost, the commitment. If I lived in farm area I think it would be definitely worth it. Maybe, someday.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register