burning pain and radiating pelvic pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

burning pain and radiating pelvic pain burning pain and radiating pelvic pain

Unread 02-18-2009, 04:38 PM
Interesting..

Heya, i come across this site by accident looking for stuffs about pelvic pain and norethisterone, ive not had a hysterectomy and got told a couple yrs ago that i have poc ovaries but never had much problem from that apart from lack of periods, in november 2008 i got the implanon implant put in and had since suffered with 2 week bleeds hence why they gave me the norethisterone tablets i took these for about 2 weeks and the bleeding stopped, i then quit the norethisterone and a week later had the most evil pelvic pain, i have had this for a week now and its so bad i have cried a good few times, the pain is like a burning ache and radiates front to back and up my sides almost where i imagine my large bowel to be, i feel inflamed , i thought it might be ibs but if anything my movements have slowed right down, i feel lethargic and nausou, stressed and upset, i went to my doc and he thinks its the norethisterone so has now put me on mercilon :/ feelin desperate mayb am flooded with too many hormones wondering if the implant was a mistake too..any thoughts?
Hope u find some relief. x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-19-2009, 12:00 PM
burning pain and radiating pelvic pain

when i was on norathisterone i bleed really bad for weeks at a time..i was sweating ALL the time i felt irratable and grouchy. and im sorry to say that proceeded the entire year...upside though,when i had my latest laperoscopy in september 08, they said they found loads of adhesions again but only small endo implants.which they left in for some reason...so to cut a long story short my first endo laporoscopy found stage 4 endo. this time only small implants so norethisterone had apparently shrunk my endo.which meant less recovery after surgery.YAY ME!.but seriously you do need to go back to your doctor as you can really easily become anaemic and thats awful..i hope this helps in some small way.

admin note: please keep support online! thanks!

good luck hun

Donna.x
Unread 02-19-2009, 01:14 PM

Thanks so much donna for your help here, thankfully today the pain whatever it is seems to have subsided slightly im hoping that the mercilon is calming it down if indeed its a hormonal issue, have been eating easy on the stomach kinda foods like fish and rice to see if that helps too, i think the unknown is the worst part of it all, will ride this out for a bit longer but if it troubles me like it has been i will go bk to my doc for sure, my insides have just felt so distressed not nice at all, have wondered about endo before actually when i had something like this before...kinda felt like my bowel was inflamed and stuck to my sides ...a burning kinda feeling, what does it feel like to have endo? Best wishes.. Hayley. x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-19-2009, 03:21 PM

It sounds like you have had a bit of a rough go of things! What type of a doctor are you seeing? Since you have PCOS, have you ever consulted with a endocrinologist? An endocrinologist should not only be knowledgeable regarding PCOS but also about hormones and possibly endometriosis.

As PCOS is a disorder of the entire endocrine system so treating one aspect of the condition may actually worsen another. If you are experiencing cysts, they could cause the radiating pain. Even if you have not had issues with cysts before, the various medications you are taking may be creating an environment that is allowing them to hurt right now. There could be other issues going on as well besides the cysts that need to be treated, such as maybe endo that you suspect.

Have any of your doctors ever suggested an exploratory laparoscopy to see what might be going on inside your pelvic region? A lap is the way to diagnose endometriosis if it is suspected at all. How about a hysteroscopy to see what is going on inside of your uterus? Have you had CT scans, ultrasounds, MRI's, etc.?

If you are not already doing so, I would suggest keeping a symptom journal. Note any and all details you can to share with your doctors. Sometimes having all the information down on paper so you and your medical team can review it will show some patterns to your pain and symptoms that have been missed.

You have mentioned issues with your bowels as well. Some GYN issues do create havoc with our bowels. This can be the case with endometriosis for instance. It might be helpful for you to see a gastroenterologist to see if there are some GI issues going on as well. I do have IBS so I know it can be pretty miserable and complicated by my GYN stuff.

Oh, endometriosis pain can feel like burning but so can other issues. You can look through the Resource Database to read about various conditions such as endometriosis, adhesions, PCOS, and others.

I wish you all the best and I hope you and your medical team can soon find out exactly what is causing your pain and symptoms so you can start treatment that will hopefully help you feel so much better! in there!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register