Tilted Uterus | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Tilted Uterus Tilted Uterus

Unread 02-27-2009, 04:30 PM
Tilted Uterus

So I go this coming Tuesday to meet with my OBGYN to schedule my surgery, and I know this is something I'll ask him, but I'm hoping someone here can help me before hand.

I have a tilted uterus and I was wondering if that will effect how my hysterectomy is done. Will I still be a canidate for a TVH or does that automatically mean I will need a TAH?

I know each patient is different, just curious what others who have had a tilted uterus have had done.

Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-27-2009, 05:01 PM
Tilted Uterus

I actually just scheduled my surgery for 3/24 last week. I too have a tilted uterus (to the left) but I also have 3 fibroids (the 1 size of a base ball and 2 that are slightly smaller). Of course, they are on the left. My doctor explained to me that for them, they have to take alot more care when you are shifted to the left as this is the side that your main blood supply is for your female organs and the path that the urethra (sp) follows. They just have to take more care so that they do not nick the urethra and makes it a little more difficult because they have to get the uterus out of the way to get to the blood supply to cut it off. That's just my case though
Unread 02-27-2009, 05:32 PM
Tilted Uterus

My mom had a tipped uterus and had a vaginal hysterectomy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-27-2009, 05:55 PM
Tilted Uterus

I also have a tipped/tilted or otherwise not 'normal' however common uterus. lol. I am scheduled to have TAH in March. My doc is choosing this route because she suspects adheshions to my old C-section scare...however is mulling over the idea of doing it via lap....but she said she wasnt sure if it could be done. She said it's only because of the adhesions suspected and the fact the my uterus couldnt be tugged or moved or something to that affect. prayers to you for a smooth operation,and speedy recovery!
Unread 02-27-2009, 07:26 PM
Tilted Uterus

Hi,

I have a tilted uterus and my gyno said it was ok to to a vaginal hyst.
Unread 02-27-2009, 09:20 PM
Tilted Uterus

I had a TVH in January and having a retroverted and retroflexed uterus was not a problem. Having a "tilted" uterus is very common and the docs are used to this.
Unread 02-27-2009, 10:09 PM
Tilted Uterus

I had a tilted uterus and had no problems with the hyster in that respect. I had mine done via Da Vinci. Good Luck!
Unread 02-28-2009, 04:42 AM
Tilted Uterus

Thank you all for your replies. It helps ease my mind a little. Granted there's no guarantee my doc will go vaginally, but at least I know it's an option. And yes, I have added it to the list of things I am going to ask!
Unread 02-28-2009, 07:58 AM
Tilted Uterus

I had a tilted uterus and I had LAVH. So he went in lap and cleared all the endo, removed left ovary and 'unstuck' my bladder from my uterus and then removed my uterus vaginally. He would've taken my uterus through lap also, but I decided to get rid of my cervix too so that's why he took it out vaginally.

I'm under the impression that they can't remove the uterus vaginally if it is enlarged too much, but not because it's tilted.

Hope that helps! Take care.
Unread 02-28-2009, 02:57 PM
Tilted Uterus

I had a tipped uterus and had an SAH, I couldn't do a lap or vaginal due to other issues I had going on.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register