Nerves getting the best of me. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Nerves getting the best of me. Nerves getting the best of me.

Unread 03-02-2009, 11:46 AM
Nerves getting the best of me.

Hi sisters, I just got the call from the castle that I have to be there for 5:30a for surgery at 6:30a. I was doing good this morning until I got the call. I was shopping and cleaning house. I was perfectly fine. Now I am fixing to have to start my bowel prep shortly and my nerves are going crazy. I know this is the right decision. Hopefully I will get my life back. I have been mentally prepared (or so I thought) since September. I just needed to get it out I guess. Thanks for all the good advise and support that you have given to me. I will see you all on the post-op side soon. I am really starting to think that waiting is the hardest part. To all of my sisters for March3, lets hold cyber hands tomarrow and pray for each of us to have an uneventfull surgery and a speedy recovery. To the ladies in waiting, I wish you luck and I hope you receive all the good information and support from this site that you need.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-02-2009, 12:18 PM

Good luck to you tomorrow and I will pray for all of the sisters visiting the castle on the 3rd. I look forward to reading your posts on the "other side"
Unread 03-02-2009, 02:28 PM

I was suppose to have my surgery on Feb13th an 14hrs before it was cancelled.. now i go tomorrow also .. So I know just how you feel. Sometimes I get excited an think about the big picture down the road an think I will actually have a life again.. then there is times I feel like my nerves are going to get the best of me.. I have to be at the hospital at 6:45 and my surgery starts at 7:45am.. I think it will be a very restless night.Wish I could give you a hug Hope things go well for both of us
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-02-2009, 02:36 PM

Hi lucyloo and rose, I was ok until the bowel prep kicked in. I felt like I was 9 months pregant. In the middle of it my hospital called and changed my time from 5:30 to 7:30. With a start time of 8:15. I would rather that due to the fact I live about an hour away from the hospital.
WOW lucyloo this is your second time of getting worked up. Are you having to do a bowel prep? Yes I to think it will be a very restless night. I am sending you a cyber hug. I will pray for both of us to come out fine.
Unread 03-02-2009, 04:37 PM

Yes this my second time of getting all worked up but its 7:30 pm here now.. so I dont think it will be cancelled this time..as my surgery is about 12 hours away.We are now counting hours instead of days! You know that's one thing I wanted to ask a sister was does everyone have the bowel prep?? At pre-op nothing was mentioned and when the hospital called today to confirm what time I should be at the hospital they also didnt mention anything about it... They told me that I could eat up until 12 midnight(not that I feel like eating). I can drink clear fluids up until 4:45am.,and I can have a black coffee if I want.. I dont think I will want anything though,I'm much to nervous an worry about feeling sick after surgery.Another thing I was wondering about waas the gas pains that people talk about.. when do you normally get them?right after surgery? or a day or two after and how long do they last? Gosh we are down to crunch time an I still have questions! LOL
Unread 03-02-2009, 05:43 PM

I am also scheduled for tomorrow. My surgeon doesn't require bowel prep, but I'm trying to go, LOL! I have been nervous for a month.
Unread 03-02-2009, 06:01 PM

Hi lucyloo
All doctors have different requirements for bowel preps. Some go all out and some require none. Go with what you were instructed in at pre-op. As far as gas pains again everyone is different. Some ladies are miserable for days others just a bit. Often the gas pains are from trapped CO2 used to inflate the abdomen during surgery, other gas is from disrupted bowels. One thing that seems almost consistent is Gas X. , avoiding gassy foods ie; soda, brocolli, left side lie and walking helps.
It is not to late to keep asking questions.
Good luck and Happy Healing - see all you ladies on the other side
Unread 03-02-2009, 06:29 PM

Sending my best wishes for textbook surgeries and easy recoveries for all of you March 3 sisters. In a short while, you will be so relieved that your surgeries are over and you are sending notes of encouragement to new ladies who are waiting. Please be on the post op board when you are feeling well enough to let us know how you are faring! Gentle hugs to you.

Barb A.
Unread 03-02-2009, 08:07 PM

Hi sisters. WOW what a night it has been first the discomfort from the bowel prep. Now my babysitter backed out at the last minute. 8p she called and said she can't come. Thank god for my DM she is going to keep them and then come up after everything is said. Now I am counting the hours for this to be over with. I am sending prayers and hugs to all of March 3 sisters.
Unread 03-02-2009, 08:25 PM

All my best to you! I am ready, but won't go until Friday.

I have no bowel prep requirement. I even asked about it at the pre-op, and he said no need to do so. I am doing my own type of bowel prep, eating all veggies and bran for the rest of the week.

I wish you sleep tonight and an uneventful surgery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register