Surgery on 5 March | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Separate Surgeries

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery on 5 March Surgery on 5 March

Unread 03-02-2009, 04:57 PM
Surgery on 5 March

Sisters:

I have an oophorectomy scheduled for Thursday, 5 March. I have a few probably silly questions. Will I be able to wear pajama's - I will have an horizontal abdominal incision. Just trying to get my bag packed and want to ensure I get everything in there.

Also, I had my uterus removed 5 years ago, they are removing ovaries on Thursday. The next silly question is do you bleed after this surgery? Just want to be prepared with enough underwear, etc.

Thanks so much for everyone's posts and support - it is such a joy to have people that understand!

Hugs!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-02-2009, 08:14 PM
Surgery on 5 March

I'm not sure if you will bleed or not but I can tell you what happened with me. Also, I had packed a night gown, robe and slippers too.
In the hospital, I wore their gown the whole time. When I came home, I was in sweat pants. It didn't bother my incision at all because the sweat pant tie is up high. I wore a maxi-pad against my incision with a pair of underwear over it.
I had a little bleeding post op in the hospital. They provided me with some pads and their stretchy underwear to get by.
Hope this helps. Best Wishes! to you.
Unread 03-02-2009, 08:19 PM
Surgery on 5 March

bbeck:

Thanks so much for the info. Really love the idea of placing a maxi-pad against the incision, an awesome idea!

So are you currently on hormone replacement?

Thanks again for your post! This site is such a life saver!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-02-2009, 08:25 PM
Surgery on 5 March

Hi! flosie jane,

No, not using HRT yet. I have big life long issues with migraines that I am hoping will lessen as a result of the TAH/BSO. I'm not too hopeful yet.

I noticed you posted your question on the Ovaries Only Board/Thread. I think you would receive alot more responses if you had selected Pre-op or Post Op Board/Thread. If a hostess could move it, or if you can, I think you would get more diverse answers. Otherwise, maybe open up a new thread there?

It was such a blessing that a hospital nurse told me to use a maxi-pad against my incision. I think I did that for the first week or two. It really helped keep it clean, dry, etc.

Again, take care and Best Wishes!
Unread 03-02-2009, 08:31 PM
Surgery on 5 March

Brenda:

Thanks so much, I am new here so still a learning the in's and out's of the site. That is a great idea and I will see if I can do that.

Good luck with your migrane issues....I have luckily never had any problems with those.

Take care!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register