Leaking urine? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Leaking urine? Leaking urine?

Unread 03-04-2009, 06:07 PM
Leaking urine?

After almost 2 weeks of being treated for a urinary tract infection that probably was never diagnosed properly in the first place, my doctor is finally seeing me tomorrow. I had a vaginal hysterectomy 5 weeks ago. Is it possible I'm leaking urine? I have a small amount of a brownish/yellowish discharge. I also have lots of pressure in my vagina. It feels like it used to when I had the heavy periods. Does this sound familiar to anyone?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-04-2009, 07:48 PM
Leaking urine?

alking,

From reading many posts, anything is possible.

I am really glad you are seeing your tomorrow. I sure hope you can get some good answers!

It really could be anything! I have endo on my bladder so I have the same pressure you describe.

Keep us updated!

Unread 03-04-2009, 08:19 PM
Leaking urine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alking
After almost 2 weeks of being treated for a urinary tract infection that probably was never diagnosed properly in the first place, my doctor is finally seeing me tomorrow. I had a vaginal hysterectomy 5 weeks ago. Is it possible I'm leaking urine? I have a small amount of a brownish/yellowish discharge. I also have lots of pressure in my vagina. It feels like it used to when I had the heavy periods. Does this sound familiar to anyone?
Hey alking,

I had my TLVH, bladder repair, and A&P repairs on Jan. 12th. I have been wondering if I'm leaking urine. I'm going to the dr. next Tue. for my 8 wk post-op, I thought I would ask my dr. about it. About a couple of minutues after I tee tee I fill something come out. I'm still wearing a pantyliner and there is know color to it. I've been trying to figure it out.

Good Luck to you, and let me know what your dr. says about this.

Thanks,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-04-2009, 08:53 PM
Leaking urine?

alking; what makes you think is urine? after a hyster its normal to have discharge, could be brown, pinkish, and sometimes even red, its not normal to leak urine nor be bleeding (red) alot, but the best thing is to have it checked out by your doctor, I am so glad you are going to see him tomorrow...pls, let us know what you find out and I hope and pray its nothing to worry about....
Unread 03-05-2009, 06:19 PM
Leaking urine?

Thanks for your responses. It turns out the sutures in my vagina are infected, and likely have been for some time. Hopefully the new antibiotic will take care of the problem quickly. The only thing worse than a vaginal infection is one a doctor has taken a few good pokes at!
Unread 03-05-2009, 06:34 PM
Leaking urine?

alking; glad you had that taken care of, and hope those antibiotics start working very soon....

lilybird: does this happen only right after you pee or does it happen thru out the day?
Unread 03-05-2009, 08:26 PM
Leaking urine?

Hey 4hisglory,

It happens a couple of min. after I pee.
Unread 03-06-2009, 08:38 AM
Leaking urine?

Hi lilybird; have you tried doing the Kegels exercises? I really think they might help you, these are pelvic floor exercises , these muscles are attached to the pelvic bone and ack like a hammock, when you are peeing, try stopping and starting the flow of urine.

at other times, what you do is simple tighten and relax these muscles over and over about 200x a day, these can be done anytime, anywhere and no one will know you are exercising. hope this helps...
Unread 03-06-2009, 12:04 PM
Leaking urine?

Hey,

Thanks for the information. My doctor did tell me to do those exercises and I totally forgot.
Unread 03-06-2009, 07:40 PM
Leaking urine?

lilybird: you are welcome, I really pray they work for you,

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register