I think I'm having a period..... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I think I'm having a period..... I think I'm having a period.....

Unread 03-04-2009, 09:16 PM
I think I'm having a period.....

hey girls......I am 3 months out and I think I have started my period.....I kept my cervix so the doc said this was possible. This morning I woke up with sore breast and a spot (very small spot) on my panty liner. Through out today, I have had some pink wipes and some a little more heavier but brownish. This is the first time I have had anything come out of me at all since my surgery. Now this evening, it seems to be gone. Could this be I am having my period? No pain or discomfort. Just sore breast.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-04-2009, 10:01 PM

I certainly seems possible that you are having a "mini period." Some sisters have posted that their flow has been extremely light after hysterectomy. Do you usually have breast tenderness? If you count back, perhaps you can figure out if this is the week that you would have been menstruating. If this is what your periods are going to be like, how great for you!
Unread 03-04-2009, 10:16 PM

I can't tell when my last period was...I bleed for 6 months straight before my surgery...but yes...I've always had tender breast when I started. I just not sure. If this is it....I CAN HANDLE THIS...piece of cake. The spot on my mini pad was barely a dime size spot. This doesn't get in the way of anything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-05-2009, 10:30 AM

I have had the same thing except mine started right away. I am 3 months post op today and have had 2 "mini's" I too get breast tenderness. Mine is so light that I don't even really need a liner. I just have a little pink in the morning and a little brownish in the evening. Only when I go to bathroom. I have been keeping track still on the calendar so I can discuss with my MD but I was originally told this was normal since I kept my cervix.
Unread 03-05-2009, 10:38 AM

Hello Mishyd....I can tell my ovaries are starting to "wake-up". I'm not having night sweats and hot flashes now. I haven't had any spotting today. This has only lasted a day. Is this how long yours lasted? I did write it down. I have to go back to the doctor on the 11th of this month. And she did tell me this could happen.
Unread 03-05-2009, 02:14 PM

Mine only lasts 1 day too. If that really. I am not having nights sweats anymore either. I go back to the Dr tomorrow for my 3 month check up. I am very happy that I had it done. I had a calcified fibroid. It was causing me a great deal of discomfort. Periods were every 3 weeks and lasted a week. Very painful. I can deal with 1 day of spotting once a month.
Unread 03-05-2009, 02:33 PM

Even though this is such a rough surgery...I'm so glad I had it done too. The doc couldn't figure out why I was bleeding so much. I tried the IUD and I never stopped bleeding. When I decided to have the hyst. she was going to fix my bladder also. When she removed my uterus my bladder raised up on it's own. She didn't have to touch my bladder at all and now that is so much better also. Plus, I have another add benefit....my bowls were horrable. Not any more. She is thinking it was the weight of my uterus press down on everything. Here I ended up having 4 fibroids in the muscle of my uterus. I had 3 ultra sounds and it never showed up. The only thing that would have stopped the bleeding was the hyst. and I feel so much better now. It just takes a long time to heal up.
Unread 03-05-2009, 04:23 PM

it sounds like a mini period. anyone that keeps both the cervix and ovaries can get them. i spot while ovulating so i guess its probably the same amt as a mini period. i dont mind though since i got to keep my ovaries and avoid menopause.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register