Update and Thank you ! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Update and Thank you ! Update and Thank you !

Unread 08-25-2001, 01:36 PM
Update and Thank you !

Hi, Special Ladies,
I haven't been posting much lately but I have been here never the less, reading and taking in your stories. You have provided much inspiration for me since I was diagnosed 3 months ago with leiomyosarcoma during my hyst. You are all wonderful ladies, true fighters all the way. I wanted to thank you all for that!!!!

I saw the oncologist yesterday and we have set a plan of action to monitor the possible return of this nasty disease. He asked me how this all began and as I was relating my story I told him a had cancer for 1 hour.......when the gyn opened me up and for the time it took her to call another surgeon to help her remove it! He smiled and said that was the attitude he wanted me to have!! He wants me to come back in about a month when he will put in motion blood tests to make sure my general health is OK. I am on no estrogen and Megace 20mg/daily. I will also need a chest x-ray and CT scan of my belly to look for any return. There are no blood tests for sarcoma.

I have been feeling well even without HRT. He gave me a long list of "Health Aids" to stay healthy and I was pleased that I was doing many of them already. He also gave me a name of a book he wants me to read...all about attitude and the things we say to ourselves...the unfortunate thing is he gave me a title I can't find and I e-mailed him to check for the correct title!

The Megace business is uncharted waters...no studies either way that it will work but because they found that the tumor was positive for progesterone receptors in it, that this is worth trying. I feel comfortable doing this...otherwise, it would be a wait and see situation.

HysterSisters has been wonderful....a great source of support and information. Funny, when I was told I should have a hyst.......you were there to help me get prepared.....and afterwards for post-op support, the Hormone Jungle when I thought I could have HRT and then the Desert Oasis when estrogen was taken away and of course you all here!!!! The hardest part of all and I know this must sound stupid but I asked if this tumor had any relationship with my uterus and ovaries and he said no. I know I can't go back ...but it has been a loss none the less. I know I will get over that feeling of loss. It's not there all the time... it just creeps up now and then. But the weird thing about it all, is that I don't have periods and wild mood swings...I'm more even tempered and I like that.

Life is an adventure, a journey, the good and what we think of as the bad. Thank you again for your support and keep those positive vibes coming!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh, and by the way, I took a long this morning and climbed what I consider a mountain and felt completely victorious!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-25-2001, 02:15 PM
Update and Thank you !

GO MARGIE !!! you have the best attitude You will be a cancer survivor . With that attitude of yours you cant go wrong. Thanks so much for giving us an update and I am so happy that things are going well. You continue to take good care of yourself, sending a big your way
Unread 08-25-2001, 06:49 PM
Update and Thank you !

Margie, You are such a brave woman and your attitude will surely help you to BEAT this cancer! I know that you will beat it because you have courage and faith! We are all here for you!! I'm so glad that you found the info you were looking for on the site, and even more glad that you found some special ladies here! Please keep in touch and keep posting. You are in my thoughts and prayers!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register