pants | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-13-2009, 08:51 AM
pants

After reading comments concerning swelly belly and pain from waist bands, I purchased drawstring scrubs yesterday.... BUT, I'm wondering about the size. Does swelly belly mean that I should go up a size or two on my drawstring pants?????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2009, 09:02 AM
pants

From what I am experiencing, I think a size or two up would be a VERY good idea. I had TAH, and my stomach has been so swelled since my surgery, if my pants werent big, there is no way I would have anything to wear.
Unread 03-13-2009, 09:40 AM
pants

i've just been wearing gowns.......

until i am up and around i will just stay in them........

no worries about tummy size then.....

hugs,
jamesgirl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2009, 09:49 AM
pants

I also just wore my long cotton gowns. Very comfy. If you get "dressed" too soon, family thinks you can DO more! LOL. I also did well in loose sweatpants. Not with the wide band. How about loose PJ bottoms, long or short depending on preference? I also had some elastic waist jeans a size too big for when I HAD to go out for appts. and such. Or even wear a full length, lightweight lounger-dress.

Anything goes so you can get away with it. Just do whatever you're more comfy with! But definitely a size or two larger.

All the best to you!
Unread 03-13-2009, 11:41 AM
pants

After my TAH, I wore stretch pants that I already had and didn't need bigger panties, either, just granny panties. I agree with the others, though, that it's best to stick with gowns and loose pj pants to remind yourself that you're still healing.
Unread 03-13-2009, 12:21 PM
pants

I managed with a size larger in sweat pants & drawstring type things. As long as they have some give in them you should be fine.
Unread 03-13-2009, 12:49 PM
pants

I wore elastic-waist pants as well--sweat pants and pajama pants. I have a couple pairs of jeans that are always a little loose on me, too, and those worked. For me, I didn't have swelling all the time. It would just at the end of the day, especially as I started doing more.

I didn't buy anything new. I just waited to see how things went and ended up sending my husband out for a new pair of pajama pants at one point.

Unread 03-13-2009, 01:31 PM
pants

Agreed. I am wearing jeans today (my loosest ones), and they are ok, but won't make it through the entire day. They aren't too tight, but the zipper really isn't all that comfy.

On the other hand, they are a little more supportive than the stretch pants I've been wearing, which feels good. I read someone else bought some maternity pants at a second-hand store, and that sounds like a really good idea. They have that stretchy panel that is supportive and that appeals to me right now.
Unread 03-20-2009, 08:44 PM
pants

hello ladies! the first whole week, i wore all my husband's PJ pants. i can tie the strings at the waist to adjust the size, and once my belly gone down, the 2nd week i switched to my old lounge pants. they were also strings and VERY stretchy. sigh...cannot wait to wear jeans and regular pants too. i'll worry about that when i go back to work mid april. i am still wearing grannie undies. never realized that they could be sooo comfy.
Unread 03-21-2009, 12:17 AM
pants

at first ..like the first couple of days i did not have a swelly belly..so i recommended just wearing gowns... well obviously that is not practical all the time.... like when you want to go out for brief walk... definitely wear the granny panties and some stretchy pants ......

i would love the support panties from here now that i have this huge swelly belly...........

i think some of it is fluid and some of it is gas...... milk of magnesia makes the most foul smelling gas... ugh..... but without it i would be in a world of pain.... sooooo...i just have to put up with it and light scented candles.....

hugs to all,
jamesgirl

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register