Increase in pink discharge? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Increase in pink discharge? Increase in pink discharge?

Unread 03-16-2009, 10:21 AM
Da Vinci hysterectomy March 12

I had the new DA VINCI TLH on March 12th. and was sent home the same day. Gas pains were the worst very painful and felt like I couln't breathe. Today is the 5th day post-op and am feeling much better. They did no remove ovaries but I am still having bouts with hot flashes and night sweats on occassion. Also noticed a pinkish discharge that has increased over the past couple of days, Anyone else experience this? I feel like I may be getting a yeast infection from the antibiotics at the hospital. Overall I seem to be doing well but will be glad when I have my energy back. I am just taking it easy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-16-2009, 10:43 AM
Increase in pink discharge?

I would run it all by your dr, especially the yeast infection part.
Some of us (ME!) have had red/pink discharge ever since the surgery. I have been to the dr many times, he said it's normal and it's the granulation tissue and the healing. I. HATE. IT.
I have pinkish discharge and when I wipe, I have some blood. Not much, but still. Ugh.
Unread 03-19-2009, 03:47 PM

Well its 7 days postop and I have developed a nasty bladder infection . the doctor started me on Cipro and I will be getting the urine culture results back tomorrow. I have only taken 2 doses and really don't feel much better. I have bladder pain intense pressure and the urge to urinate constantly. I pray this medication kicks in soon, i would be feeling pretty good if it weren't for that, We will see what the urine culture says. i need lots of prayers. It is so depressing to feel so bad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-19-2009, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by research36
I had the new DA VINCI TLH on March 12th. and was sent home the same day. Gas pains were the worst very painful and felt like I couln't breathe. Today is the 5th day post-op and am feeling much better. They did no remove ovaries but I am still having bouts with hot flashes and night sweats on occassion. Also noticed a pinkish discharge that has increased over the past couple of days, Anyone else experience this? I feel like I may be getting a yeast infection from the antibiotics at the hospital. Overall I seem to be doing well but will be glad when I have my energy back. I am just taking it easy.
Increaase in the pink discharge or any type of bleeding is usually due to overdoing it. It's a signal to you. You can also check with your doc.
Unread 03-20-2009, 03:21 PM

Hi Research36, I'm new here (just joined today).
Had my hyst on March 6th and have been feeling great, but today started what looks like a pinkish, very light bleeding - so I found YOUR post! I'm thinking it's normal and hopefully won't last and maybe is because I've been over doing it. I'm pretty much back to normal life already (cooking, a bit of cleaning, outside watering plants, shopping, etc) I guess maybe I should cool it?
I've got my 2 week check up on Monday. My doc told me that 5 to 6% of women still get a bit of monthly bleeding after hyst. What's up with that?? I better not be one of them! I've been though enough the way it is.
Unread 03-20-2009, 03:52 PM

It's probably from your overdoing, and, yeah, that is overdoing. You can't go backward. Please be careful with yourself. I am dealing with complications right now that I couldn't have even prevented, but if anyone can prevent problems, they reallyshould. Did you see the hysterectomy checkpoints from this site that you get in the e-mail. You sign up for them in your profile somewhere and they tell youwhat you should be doing, which at 2 weeks is almost nothing. Either sign up or do a search for them, if you like.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register