TAH Confused, had more surgery | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Separate Surgeries

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

TAH Confused, had more surgery TAH Confused, had more surgery

Unread 03-16-2009, 09:41 AM
TAH Confused, had more surgery

Hello Ladies...

Help! In May of 2008 my Gyno told me she did a TAH, at 46 we agreed to leave my right ovary. I had a blood clot in 99 so HRT is not a variable. In August of 2008 I developed a cyst an it grew larger, became a mass, etc, two, C-125's were done and now I am 3 days post-op for its removal and I was told by the oncologist-gyno (not my reg. gyno) that my right fallopian tube was NOT removed during the previous surgery. I felt like an idiot telling him and everyone else since August (I had 4 ultrasounds) that I had no right F tube even when they said they saw it. Why would my Gyno leave it in, she never told me any different. I am in the process of getting my concent form from my May 2008 surgery from the hospital to see what we agreed upon to be removed. I am honkerblonked off and in alot of pain.

Can someone please tell me how long it will be for my body to got into Menopause?. I know everyone is different. Any heads-up though. What to watch for first? Any herbal remedies?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-16-2009, 03:26 PM

It sounds like the right ovary and f tube were a combo deal. Still someone should of told you it was left in.

I had a LAVH/BSO and I started the night sweats during my second week and now I'm on 1mg of esterdol.

I was just reading up on a new HRT Amberen that is all natural, but don't know much about it, maybe check it out.

good luck
Unread 03-16-2009, 03:44 PM

Sorry to hear that you thought the right fallopian tube was removed, it would not be the norm to remove the tube if the ovary was kept unless there were issues with the tube. Normally, the gynecologist would not mention that the tube was still there as this would be assumed, they would tell you the exception if they had had to remove it.
Hopefully, this is it for you for surgery for awhile, I hope all goes well with the menopause symptoms since it sounds from your email that hormones would not be an option for you.
Take care.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-16-2009, 04:04 PM

If it was left in by your surgeon, it may have been deemed viable at the time. Many doctors don't see a reason to remove a healthy organ - only the diseased ones.

If I can remember my anatomy classes, the fallopian tube is an extension to the ovary. If the ovary was left in, then that should've been too. Otherwise, pretty sure the ovary itself would just shrivel up and "die" - as tends to happen ocassionally anyway when you have the uterus removed....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register